Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard and Mantua Ice
(12-23-2021, 04:05 PM)smokepoles Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 03:12 PM)lavaman Wrote: Well it's been 2 years but I'm back after finally figuring out the changes. Don't care for all the advertisements though! 
 I got up Mantua yesterday. Ice not safe but I went out carefully 10 yards or so. Caught 6 trout in a couple hours. People were ice skating on that west side. Watch out for springs!

Well, your a braver (or something) man than I.  Hope to see you out there once the ice develops to my liking.  BTW, Hyrum is ice free as of yesterday, and doesn't look like it'll be cold enough to cap over the next few days.
Hi Chuck! Merry Christmas and hope to see you out there again.

(12-23-2021, 04:09 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Derek, what a great time to get you back on line... Nice to have a fellow member of the hard water team return...  I hit Newton yesterday, it's not quite there, but we didn't fall through either... Fishing  was really slow for us, but still nice to get on the ice again... Thanks for the return and we'll have to drill a hole in the same area this winter... Merry Christmas and catch ya Later... Jeff

Hi Jeff! I keep hoping I'd run into you again one of these days. Let me know when you go out on the ice. Merry Christmas.
Hey Derek I just got a go ahead for tomorrow morning. You think anything will still be safe after all the warm today? Think I’ll try Newton unless you think Mantua would be better. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(12-24-2021, 03:43 AM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey Derek I just got a go ahead for tomorrow morning. You think anything will still be safe after all the warm today?  Think I’ll try Newton unless you think Mantua would be better. Later Jeff

Boss I am going to pass. All this rain on the already thin ice can't be good for us. I'll try again next week when the cold temps return. 
If you do go out, be safe and let us know how you fare.
No worries I kind of got chicken if the ice too so I hit shallow water at cutler. Really slow but I got one. Later J

[Image: 7-BF1023-F-5539-4-E48-92-F2-2-C980-F88-A48-E.jpg]
(12-24-2021, 05:02 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: No worries I kind of got chicken if the ice too so I hit shallow water at cutler. Really slow but I got one. Later J

[Image: 7-BF1023-F-5539-4-E48-92-F2-2-C980-F88-A48-E.jpg]

What kind of fish is that Jeff, it kind of looks like a faded green sunfish?
Yes it is a Green Sunfish, but it was so small it hadn’t really got much color going on yet.