Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any New Otter Creek or Fish Lake Conditions?
Anyone have any new reports for Otter Creek?
I read somewhere that recent winds had "deteriorated" the ice. Just wonderin if the cold this week had built anything decent.

Also, Fish Lake? I know it's early for this lake. 
I just wondered how it looked compared to the "usual" for this time of year.
Got a family trip planned for the 13-15 of this month but looks like we may need to postpone.
Any reports or thoughts?
Appreciate the help,
Rob
Fish lake has ice in the harbour, but not safe. They said middle of the month. 
I talked to a guy at paliSade tonight, his cousin was fishing otter all last weekend.
Spent the weekend at Fish Lake. Friday evening, the lake had good ice on the extreme north and south ends but nothing for the majority of the lake. Saturday, the wind blew like mad and the ice on the extreme south was almost gone save for some near the "cheese hole" in the south east corner of the lake. The wind stopped blowing Saturday night, though, and the lake was capped almost in its entirety Sunday morning. The ice on the majority of the lake was unsafe and only an inch or two thick and will take a few more cold nights to be safe for fishing. Though one group had used snow machines to access the "cheese hole" and were fishing that south east corner, most of the lake was unfishable as of Sunday afternoon. I am betting that by this weekend a good portion of the lake will be fishable. The problem up there right now, though, will be access to the lake. With all of the snow and drifts, parking will be exceptionally limited and getting to the hard water will be tough. Fishermen will have to tromp through some seriously deep stuff to get to the safe ice.
(01-04-2022, 07:50 PM)wormandbobber Wrote: Spent the weekend at Fish Lake. Friday evening, the lake had good ice on the extreme north and south ends but nothing for the majority of the lake. Saturday, the wind blew like mad and the ice on the extreme south was almost gone save for some near the "cheese hole" in the south east corner of the lake. The wind stopped blowing Saturday night, though, and the lake was capped almost in its entirety Sunday morning. The ice on the majority of the lake was unsafe and only an inch or two thick and will take a few more cold nights to be safe for fishing. Though one group had used snow machines to access the "cheese hole" and were fishing that south east corner, most of the lake was unfishable as of Sunday afternoon. I am betting that by this weekend a good portion of the lake will be fishable. The problem up there right now, though, will be access to the lake. With all of the snow and drifts, parking will be exceptionally limited and getting to the hard water will be tough. Fishermen will have to tromp through some seriously deep stuff to get to the safe ice.

My brother and family friend fished Otter creek last Saturday on the only part of the lake that had "safe ice" if there was such a thing on that day.  They reported doing well, caught their limit by noon.  Nice size bows.
Thank you Gentlemen, appreciate the info.
Rob Smile
When we drove past Otter Creek on Sunday (1/2) the whole lake was capped -- but the only area people were fishing was the bay by the dam. It had a lot of people crowded in on that bay....

Fish Lake January 2, 2022:

[Image: January-2-2022.jpg]

[Image: January-2-2022-2.jpg]
I've been watching the threads but it seems no one is venturing out on Fish Lake. Let alone what's left of Otter Creek.
Anyone fished them or done a drive by lately?
I called the lodge at Fish Lake and she told me there was 6-8" over the entire lake and 12" at the ends. Just wondering if that has been anyone else's experience.
We plan on hitting Fish Lake late next week.
As always, thanks for the info,
Rob
(01-22-2022, 04:00 AM)Robster10 Wrote: I've been watching the threads but it seems no one is venturing out on Fish Lake. Let alone what's left of Otter Creek.
Anyone fished them or done a drive by lately?
I called the lodge at Fish Lake and she told me there was 6-8" over the entire lake and 12" at the ends. Just wondering if that has been anyone else's experience.
We plan on hitting Fish Lake late next week.
As always, thanks for the info,
Rob

A couple friends fished Fish Lake last weekend.  What the lodge said is accurate.