Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Charlevoix Bass Fishing Video from this past May
Here is the video from this past May.  Fun day chasing smallmouth.  The only downside was having that pike stick my hand with the treble hook.  That was rather unpleasant with the pike still attached on the other treble hook.  Have any of you ever had fish stick you with a hook?  I've had plenty of hooks in me, but never had one in me with the fish still attached. Confused   If you're looking to stay warm and want to take a look at Lake Charlevoix and some decent smallmouth and pike.  This might be worth a look.  Crystal clear water and little wind needed to get a bite going.

Lake Charlevoix Video Click this Link

[Image: Charlevoix-Small.jpg]
(12-23-2022, 03:13 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote: Here is the video from this past May.  Fun day chasing smallmouth.  The only downside was having that pike stick my hand with the treble hook.  That was rather unpleasant with the pike still attached on the other treble hook.  Have any of you ever had fish stick you with a hook?  I've had plenty of hooks in me, but never had one in me with the fish still attached. Confused   If you're looking to stay warm and want to take a look at Lake Charlevoix and some decent smallmouth and pike.  This might be worth a look.  Crystal clear water and little wind needed to get a bite going.

Lake Charlevoix Video Click this Link

Nice SM bass. Looked like you got that hook out pretty quick. I've had a fish drive a hook in pretty deep before, right at my fingernail, after I got the fish off I had to cut the hook and drive the hook all the way through my finger to get it out, fun times. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
The wonderful world of editing. lol It took some time to get it out. I ended up putting my knee on the pike's head and used the one free hand to get it off first. Then I yanked the other out of my hand with the pliers. Took probably 10 minutes. I've used braided line to get them out before and also pushing the barb through like you mentioned and cutting the barb off. Under the fingernail would certainly be painful one.

You have a Merry Christmas as well. Glad I'm finally off work for a couple days.
(12-24-2022, 06:06 AM)Bigbass101 Wrote: The wonderful world of editing.  lol  It took some time to get it out.  I ended up putting my knee on the pike's head and used the one free hand to get it off first.  Then I yanked the other out of my hand with the pliers.  Took probably 10 minutes.  I've used braided line to get them out before and also pushing the barb through like you mentioned and cutting the barb off.  Under the fingernail would certainly be painful one. 

You have a Merry Christmas as well.  Glad I'm finally off work for a couple days.

As much problem as I had, I thought maybe there was some editing involved. Hows the weather out your way? I hear some cold temps are in the forcast.
(12-24-2022, 02:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(12-24-2022, 06:06 AM)Bigbass101 Wrote: The wonderful world of editing.  lol  It took some time to get it out.  I ended up putting my knee on the pike's head and used the one free hand to get it off first.  Then I yanked the other out of my hand with the pliers.  Took probably 10 minutes.  I've used braided line to get them out before and also pushing the barb through like you mentioned and cutting the barb off.  Under the fingernail would certainly be painful one. 

You have a Merry Christmas as well.  Glad I'm finally off work for a couple days.

As much problem as I had, I thought maybe there was some editing involved. Hows the weather out your way? I hear some cold temps are in the forcast.

I don't how I missed this.  I usually get a notification of a reply.  Sorry about that.  Our weather has been a roller coaster
this year.  We just had a cold spell and I seen some guys on the ice in northeast Indiana.  I'm in the northwest corner of Ohio which give me pretty close access to all three states for fishing.  We are headed into another warm spell this week with rain.  I'm hoping to get out a little sooner than usual this year.  We will have to see how the rest of February pans out.
(02-05-2023, 04:41 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote: I don't how I missed this.  I usually get a notification of a reply.  Sorry about that.  Our weather has been a roller coaster
this year.  We just had a cold spell and I seen some guys on the ice in northeast Indiana.  I'm in the northwest corner of Ohio which give me pretty close access to all three states for fishing.  We are headed into another warm spell this week with rain.  I'm hoping to get out a little sooner than usual this year.  We will have to see how the rest of February pans out.
Not sure why my email does this after the many years I've been on BFT but every once in a while, I'll look into my spam folder and find a notice that went there instead of my in box. Hopefully your plan to get out a little earlier this year works out.
(02-06-2023, 05:55 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-05-2023, 04:41 PM)Bigbass101 Wrote: I don't how I missed this.  I usually get a notification of a reply.  Sorry about that.  Our weather has been a roller coaster
Not sure why my email does this after the many years I've been on BFT but every once in a while, I'll look into my spam folder and find a notice that went there instead of my in box. Hopefully your plan to get out a little earlier this year works out.

This one came through fine.  Calling for 60's here next week.  I'm pretty sure we are looking good at this point.  There isn't going to be much ice to melt to get open water.  I'd better get a move on and get the boat and fishing gear ready one of these up coming weekends.  The wife and I would like to maybe head west this year to Wyoming or somewhere to check out the scenery and possible stream fishing.  I've never went west of the Mississippi before.