Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Video Highlights
Here is a video of our Scofield outing on MLK Day. 

Fished 10 feet of water out in the middle of the lake. 
The parking lots were sure packed, but the weather was perfect, no wind.
Big Worms, wax worms, meal worms all worked.  Paddle bugs, cutter bugs anything and everything works at Scofield. 
It was slow in the morning by the Island then we moved to the middle. 
Everyone caught fish.  The fish are gradually getting bigger, but so am I. Most were in the slot.  Couple of 16" - 17" long ones - still hoping they get some girth.  
Great place for the kids. 

Justaguywithaworm
(01-22-2022, 06:17 AM)Justaguywaworm Wrote: Here is a video of our Scofield outing on MLK Day. 

Fished 10 feet of water out in the middle of the lake. 
The parking lots were sure packed, but the weather was perfect, no wind.
Big Worms, wax worms, meal worms all worked.  Paddle bugs, cutter bugs anything and everything works at Scofield. 
It was slow in the morning by the Island then we moved to the middle. 
Everyone caught fish.  The fish are gradually getting bigger, but so am I. Most were in the slot.  Couple of 16" - 17" long ones - still hoping they get some girth.  
Great place for the kids. 

Justaguywithaworm

Thanks for posting your report and video. That sure looked like a nice sunny day up there, how many would you say your group caught? Members that were fishing there this past Summer reported catching some bigger trout, did the trout you guys caught appear to be recent planters, with their fins or tail worn down like planters usually are?
We maybe caught 35 fish - only 2 rainbows they looked real healthy and fins weren't too rubbed down - and that was a slow day for us a Scofield. Other than the rainbows I don't think we caught any planters.