Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2022
I’m sitting next to Fast Randy in his truck, he says he’s in.
I thought I had responded already, but I must have forgotten. Cookie and I plan on dropping in. May not be able to stay long as it's one of the last weekends we have with our exchange student so trying to cram a lot in.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Dang that sounded fun. My wife just informed me I have a family obligation. I was looking forward to meeting some of you 5+ star folks that have given such great tips and reports.
OK Rocky, Jeff, 
Got boat motor serviced at Fred's, still need to service trailer bearings. But I'll say I will be there baring any unforeseen problems.  Unfortunately wife will most likely be working. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I'm planning on it. Let me know what I can bring or help with.

jack of all tackle, master of none
I'll definitely be there and maybe bring a couple of others. I counted 17 people that are committed. I went back and saw a couple more people have said they would be coming. Doesn't sound like we should cancel. I also wasn't sure of the date but ascertained that it is May 14.

Brett, you can ride with me. If I get others to come along we can probably work out something with Shawn or somebody. Oh, Shawn, I'd like to follow you if that's okay.

The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Are we going to have a dinner or lunch at the pavilion? Do we need to figure what to bring for food?
(04-23-2022, 09:34 PM)catchinon Wrote: I'll definitely be there and maybe bring a couple of others. I counted 17 people that are committed. I went back and saw a couple more people have said they would be coming. Doesn't sound like we should cancel. I also wasn't sure of the date but ascertained that it is May 14.

Brett, you can ride with me. If I get others to come along we can probably work out something with Shawn or somebody. Oh, Shawn, I'd like to follow you if that's okay.

It will be a little early yet for the easy fishing but your welcome to follow me.
Okay, I'll keep the reservation. Please note that I'm providing the pavilion, but am not involved in any food plans. That's up to you folks to arrange.
I'm in
Rocky, I'm still in for it... Went by Willard yesterday and the wiper must be running, the crowds were definitely thick along the shore... We do need to decide on the food thing. I suggested the bring your own sack lunch, but from comments, it's sounding like there is a lot of folks wanting to have a group lunch... Past experience has shown they take a lot of time for those that prepare them and kind of shuts down your fishing day... I think we need to discuss these options and look for volunteers to do this, if we decide to have a prepared lunch??? What are your thoughts?
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
In the past, it has taken the volunteers hours to set up the pavilion, scrub the bird poop off the tables, and get the food started. No fishing for anybody on that crew, and no thanks from the "show up and eat" crowd, either.

That's not a complaint (except for the thankless part) but just to let you all know that if it's a group lunch, we'll need six or more volunteers for that job.
I vote for bring your own bag lunch, if someone wants to bring something to share they can, but nothing organized, we just meet up at the Pavilion and have social hour. My 2 cents.
(04-25-2022, 01:00 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I vote for bring your own bag lunch, if someone wants to bring something to share they can, but nothing organized, we just meet up at the Pavilion and have social hour. My 2 cents.

If I can make it I say the same thing. Bring your own food if you want to eat. As far as having to clean benches, I am quite sure I have sat in more disgusting things than bird poop being a fisherman for more than 40 years.
Gabe
(04-25-2022, 01:00 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I vote for bring your own bag lunch, if someone wants to bring something to share they can, but nothing organized, we just meet up at the Pavilion and have social hour. My 2 cents.

Agree
Sounds good to me.
(04-24-2022, 12:15 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Okay, I'll keep the reservation. Please note that I'm providing the pavilion, but am not involved in any food plans. That's up to you folks to arrange.

Count me and my son in.

We have a camping reservation site 224 if anyone wants to shoot the bull Friday evening.
Have room for a couple people in the boat if anyone is interested. Never fished Willard so ill be chasing Obifishkinobi or still fishing. 

Will bring our lunch and something to share. Looking forward to meeting some of you
(04-25-2022, 04:15 PM)lifeshort Wrote:
(04-24-2022, 12:15 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Okay, I'll keep the reservation. Please note that I'm providing the pavilion, but am not involved in any food plans. That's up to you folks to arrange.

Count me and my son in.

We have a camping reservation site 224 if anyone wants to shoot the bull Friday evening.
Have room for a couple people in the boat if anyone is interested. Never fished Willard so ill be chasing Obifishkinobi or still fishing. 

Will bring our lunch and something to share. Looking forward to meeting some of you
I’ll come out Friday afternoon and pre fish my favorite spots you can fish with me and Randy.
So why don't we plan on bringing our own lunches, and if you want, something to share, then we'll all plan on meeting in the pavilion at 12:00 noon to eat and shoot the breeze... I tried to find some prizes and most businesses are still under the COVID restrictions on giving goodies out.. Anyone have a source that has some bling to pass out as door prizes? I know we don't need this, but some of the kids love to get some new tackle... Oh and Pat, if you have time to come, I'd kind of like to stock up on some of your trinkets if you have any available... Need to replenish my supply and get some of those new colors... If anyone has stuff they would like to donate to the drawings that would be great as well... Does this sound like a doable plan? Thanks J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-26-2022, 12:22 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So why don't we plan on bringing our own lunches, and if you want, something to share, then we'll all plan on meeting in the pavilion at 12:00 noon to eat and shoot the breeze...  I tried to find some prizes and most businesses are still under the COVID restrictions on giving goodies out.. Anyone have a source that has some bling to pass out as door prizes?  I know we don't need this, but some of the kids love to get some new tackle...  Oh and Pat, if you have time to come, I'd kind of like to stock up on some of your trinkets if you have any available... Need to replenish my supply and get some of those new colors...  If anyone has stuff they would like to donate to the drawings that would be great as well...  Does this sound like a doable plan?  Thanks J

I can contact Rob Chambers about a group order discount if any one is interested in getting some Velocity Kokanee rods.