Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat Contest Interest Check
Jeff here's my new 2022 bump board... actually the same one from ice season, 5" electric piping ripped into 3rds length wise, with a 6" pvc cap cut a little bit,, and a kayak ruler sticker trued up with a tape measure for accuracy check. Maybe next year I'll build a nicer one. But it should work for 1 more season... (I know it's about a 1/8th " smaller then the tape) better to measure to small then to big and have someone call ya out later for it
[Image: 20220315-183246.jpg]

[Image: 20220315-183319.jpg]
count me in
I hope we have water to fish in this year. count me in for team south. paddlingkittys
Jeff,  put me in team north, thanks
A couple 5" catfish from the tank at petsmart might put ya in top 3 this year!
Richard got you two and everyone on this page between Mr. J's post to here, Fritz, I'll get my ipad so I can check out your board, I'm on a computer I can't pull up photo's from, so I'll get ya an update later... Thanks all... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Greg, You going to get Landon signed up? He's the big fish catcher... Better do it and let me know a name to put him under... Only two or three more youth seasons for him...

Hey I have the list updated with entries, check and see if I've missed anyone. Green on the team means you haven't let me know... All names below the burgundy line have not signed up yet this year, but for ease of entry when they do I haven't erased them from last year...

[Image: catcon31822.png]
Thanks for doing this Jeff. I'm gratified to see that we've got most of the usual suspects back again. I don't see Jig-fisher on the list; did he decide to sign up?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I'm on the list Craig, just look close to the bottom. We'll see how mich I actually try for cats this year.  I'll get out for sure, but I'm going to try and use the boat more this year chasing other species..as long as gas prices cooperate.

We never did get back up to the berry this year on the ice.  We'll have to try a Jordanelle trip out in my boat later this year and chase some kokes.
Dang, I see it now.

I'm wondering if there's going to be a Grand Slam challenge again this year; you did an awesome job of it last year. I'd like to get Lucy out to catch some fish more in her weight class than the catfish we're going to get.

I'd love to go to Jordanelle. I'm still hoping to get my boat set up for kokes this year and can't wait to get after some.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I’d like to give it a shot this year. Sign me up on team north please. Thank you!
Got ya TrickyFish, glad to have another northerner we need the help to keep the team in this thing...Later J
Uncle Jeff put me down for the contest Please I wanna spank my dad! Thanks Landon
(03-22-2022, 01:32 AM)Lil_Lriggs Wrote: Uncle Jeff put me down for the contest Please I wanna spank my dad! Thanks Landon

Bring it on son
Got you on the list Landon, good luck and I'm pretty sure you'll spank both your dad and me... Later J
(03-18-2022, 02:15 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Greg, You going to get Landon signed up?  He's the big fish catcher... Better do it and let me know a name to put him under... Only two or three more youth seasons for him... 

Hey I have the list updated with entries, check and see if I've missed anyone.  Green on the team means you haven't let me know...  All names below the burgundy line have not signed up yet this year, but for ease of entry when they do I haven't erased them from last year...

[Image: catcon31822.png]
I totally forgot telling you what team I am on. I’ll go team North! I have a couple spots up my sleeve and had a few 30inchers last year. Let’s see how it goes!
Sweet, we need some 30"ers up north to give the team the boost we need to get back on top... I didn't help much last year, so maybe between you, Sharksugar101, John, Paul and Bryton we'll get back to the glory days.. Good luck... Jeff
Jeff-- I did not see Cat Carsen on your list. He wants to play again -- south team

Hope to get out soon and resume the chase before all the water is gone.

Lynn
Hey Lynn got him added to the contest list... Later J
(03-15-2022, 01:13 PM)BlueGill209 Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 08:23 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Thanks guys, we'll get you all on the list... Gill209 great to have you sign up for BFT as well.. Hope you have a great year on the cat waters... You fishing the Box Elder or Cache part of the Bear?  Welcome to the best team.... (Watch what happens when I make that statement.)  Anyway it should be a fun time, thanks for taking part of it... Later Jeff

Box Elder.  As a starting point, I plan to go check out the refuge this weekend.   I've never fished out there.  Only visited once years ago.  It looks like there are several access points.  Is it possible to walk-in and get away from the crowd?  Unfortunately, I'm on foot.  No boat.  Don't mind walking though.  

Thanks for the welcome!

BlueGill209 -  I don't fish the river as often as John does, but if you see my white GMC Sierra out there feel free to stop by and introduce yourself.  I'm usually in it or near it.   Although you may see the truck and trailer at the boat launch, which means I'm down the river somewhere. 

Welcome to BFT. 

[Image: 08-15-April-2017.jpg]

[Image: 017-3-May-2020-Catfish-Love.jpg]

[Image: 093-At-Willard-South-for-season-oil-chan...h-2018.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool