Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Ice
I am hoping to hit Pineview this Friday morning.  Any reports on how the edges are doing by the Narrows?  Last week, they  were soft for the first 2'.  Was hoping things had frozen back up.  Advice would be appreciated so you don't hear about me on KSL!
Edges were solid this morning. It was COLD! must be more humid because I froze my rear end off. Catching was great until the sun came up, then it really died down. Had my limit in 1 hour.
Great to hear the edges are still solid and the catching is still good. Did you get any perch? How early did you start fishing?
I am suprised the edges were good, but glad for you. Nice to get some late run action out of PV
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I went last night and can confirm the edges are in great shape, I got there and set up around 4pm, I got on near the dam at the turn out by the care takers house easy getting on long steep hike out. We where up the narrows 300 yd. from where we got on in 40’ water the catching started immediately with groups of 2-4 fish coming through from the bottom up to 30’ they where biting fairly aggressively at that point as the sun went down big numbers of fish moved in from 10-30’ which made it hard to see my jig on the screen and the bite got lighter and harder to detect as the night progressed. There was 8 in our group we ended up with about 80 I got my limit fairly quickly and then helped the others figure out the bite. Not many of the 10” I caught a few weeks ago most where 7-8” 
[Image: 2374-CDD8-6-BBE-4-F04-B876-084-EE1-CF93-A6.jpg]
(03-12-2022, 04:22 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I went last night and can confirm the edges are in great shape, I got there and set up around 4pm, I got on near the dam at the turn out by the care takers house easy getting on long steep hike out. We where up the narrows 300 yd. from where we got on in 40’ water the catching started immediately with groups of 2-4 fish coming through from the bottom up to 30’ they where biting fairly aggressively at that point as the sun went down big numbers of fish moved in from 10-30’ which made it hard to see my jig on the screen and the bite got lighter and harder to detect as the night progressed. There was 8 in our group we ended up with about 100 I got my limit fairly quickly and then helped the others figure out the bite. Not many of the 10” I caught a few weeks ago most where 7-8” 

Lots of those 7 to 8 inchers in there, it's good to thin them out, so those that remain will get bigger this year. Which way was easier to access the ice, by windsurfer beach or there by the caretakers house?
(03-12-2022, 05:19 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 04:22 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I went last night and can confirm the edges are in great shape, I got there and set up around 4pm, I got on near the dam at the turn out by the care takers house easy getting on long steep hike out. We where up the narrows 300 yd. from where we got on in 40’ water the catching started immediately with groups of 2-4 fish coming through from the bottom up to 30’ they where biting fairly aggressively at that point as the sun went down big numbers of fish moved in from 10-30’ which made it hard to see my jig on the screen and the bite got lighter and harder to detect as the night progressed. There was 8 in our group we ended up with about 80 I got my limit fairly quickly and then helped the others figure out the bite. Not many of the 10” I caught a few weeks ago most where 7-8” 

Lots of those 7 to 8 inchers in there, it's good to thin them out, so those that remain will get bigger this year. Which way was easier to access the ice, by windsurfer beach or there by the caretakers house?

The caretakers house has better parking one of the people with us brought a snowmobile and got his truck stuck at wind surfer parking lot. I updated my post to a 100 fish 4 of the guys stayed and caught some more after I left.
(03-12-2022, 06:07 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 04:22 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I went last night and can confirm the edges are in great shape, I got there and set up around 4pm, I got on near the dam at the turn out by the care takers house easy getting on long steep hike out. We where up the narrows 300 yd. from where we got on in 40’ water the catching started immediately with groups of 2-4 fish coming through from the bottom up to 30’ they where biting fairly aggressively at that point as the sun went down big numbers of fish moved in from 10-30’ which made it hard to see my jig on the screen and the bite got lighter and harder to detect as the night progressed. There was 8 in our group we ended up with about 80 I got my limit fairly quickly and then helped the others figure out the bite. Not many of the 10” I caught a few weeks ago most where 7-8” 

The caretakers house has better parking one of the people with us brought a snowmobile and got his truck stuck at wind surfer parking lot. I updated my post to a 100 fish 4 of the guys stayed and caught some more after I left.
So that guy with the snowmobile was able to get on the ice with it? If so, where did he get on at? Seems like both locations are pretty steep.
(03-12-2022, 06:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

So that guy with the snowmobile was able to get on the ice with it? If so, where did he get on at? Seems like both locations are pretty steep.
I wasn’t there when he unloaded so I don’t know where he got on exactly at windsurfer beach but after he got his truck pulled out he moved it to the care takers turn out and came off there the hill is pretty steep and he had to navigate around a boulder at the top of the path with his snowmobile but he got it out there.
(03-12-2022, 06:43 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 06:15 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I wasn’t there when he unloaded so I don’t know where he got on exactly at windsurfer beach but after he got his truck pulled out he moved it to the care takers turn out and came off there the hill is pretty steep and he had to navigate around a boulder at the top of the path with his snowmobile but he got it out there.
Really, he came down and back up that steep hill with a snowmobile, wow, that's impressive. Going down is one thing but going back up on a steep slope pulling a sled, that is amazing, especially if you have to slow down to go around a boulder.
Obi - thanks for the info, and glad to hear they are still biting. We are going to try and hit them up tomorrow late afternoon / evening. Hoping for some perch before dark, but they have been ghosts at PV this year.