Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston area lakes ice?
I am guessing all the Preston area lakes are ice free, anyone know for sure??
Haven't heard anything from over there.
All of the lakes are ice free. Went over to twin lakes yesterday in the wind. Picked up a few nice rainbows nothing huge but very nice healthy fish.
(04-06-2022, 05:02 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote: All of the lakes are ice free. Went over to twin lakes yesterday in the wind. Picked up a few nice rainbows nothing huge but very nice healthy fish.

Thanks for the report and info about the lakes being ice free. Were you bait fishing or casting lures or flies?
(04-07-2022, 01:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 05:02 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote: All of the lakes are ice free. Went over to twin lakes yesterday in the wind. Picked up a few nice rainbows nothing huge but very nice healthy fish.

Thanks for the report and info about the lakes being ice free. Were you bait fishing or casting lures or flies?

I have my two pole permit so I was using night crawler and a marshmallow on one and power bait on the other. I caught two on the worm sandwich and four on power bait.
(04-07-2022, 01:06 PM)Fishybear2 Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 01:31 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

I have my two pole permit so I was using night crawler and a marshmallow on one and power bait on the other. I caught two on the worm sandwich and four on power bait.
Power bait is hard to beat when it comes to catching trout with bait, thanks for the info.
Water temp was 45 degrees on Friday 4/8. Need it to warm up a tad