Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First day LB 3/15/22
So dusted off the rods of my son and spare for my father and set up my new rods and reel I got in off season, ok one of the set ups that my wife doesn't know about so no one teach her how to use this site. We drove out to LB after I did some homeschooling this morning and went on break, a long one lol. We got to Lincoln about 12:30pm and there were 3 trailer in the lot and 2 other bank tanglers. We walked down to the spot I usually go and set my dad up then me. And that is the excitement for the day. No nibbles,bites, or anything in between. Used shrimp and worm, and jello chicken. Catslayer went as well but nothing. This was first fishing for my dad in a while. Especially since his killing over dead last year so getting out with him was special. We fished till 2:30 when we had to leave to get home for an appointment.
That was a very Sad story. I am at least glad to know that I am not the only one these kind of things happen to (besides "Skunked Again"). That is a blessing you all have the health to at least get out there and enjoy the outdoors. LOL on the wife and extra rig.
Justin, Glad you got out and took your Dad and son with you... Sorry the boat had to stay home till the truck is back on the road... These early trips are never easy to find success, but hopefully it was fun to get out and practice anyway... How is your Dad doing anyway, guess the last I heard is he is staying with you now so you can help him as needed... Hope that is working okay for you... Better luck next trip... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(03-16-2022, 05:12 AM)Mooseman75 Wrote: So dusted off the rods of my son and spare for my father and set up my new rods and reel I got in off season, ok one of the set ups that my wife doesn't know about so no one teach her how to use this site. We drove out to LB after I did some homeschooling this morning and went on break, a long one lol. We got to Lincoln about 12:30pm and there were 3 trailer in the lot and 2 other bank tanglers. We walked down to the spot I usually go and set my dad up then me. And that is the excitement for the day. No nibbles,bites, or anything in between. Used shrimp and worm, and jello chicken. Catslayer went as well but nothing. This was first fishing for my dad in a while. Especially since his killing over dead last year so getting out with him was special. We fished till 2:30 when we had to leave to get home for an appointment.

Justin, glad you were able to get a break. Just to get out of the house for a while is good therapy. When you get ti string up a rod or two makes it even better.

Once you get the pick-up working right and the boat in the water, then your in business!

Hope everything goes well.

rj
(03-16-2022, 02:23 PM)Trent_S Wrote: That was a very Sad story. I am at least glad to know that I am not the only one these kind of things happen to (besides "Skunked Again"). That is a blessing you all have the health to at least get out there and enjoy the outdoors. LOL on the wife and extra rig.

Trent I feel very fortunate to be able to get out and fish. A year ago in March I had my 25th total surgery and 3rd back surgery so to be able to do much of anything I'm happy. My father spent 35 years under ground as a coal miner so he's has almost all his major joints replaced plus like I said he died on the golf course last year and CPR brought him back. He's weak but he makes it and I still have him. Jeff He got to 130 pounds so he came BACK to live with me so I could put weight on him and in two months he's up to 149 and looks healthier my family says. Bad thing is he wants to go back home. So we'll see. But to talk to him on the side of the lake is priceless.