Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 03/18-Plank needed
Gave Pineview one more early morning run.  Had the narrows all to my self...maybe I was a fool!  Thankful that I brought an eight foot plank or I would not have gotten on without getting wet.  Was fishing by 6:15 a.m.  Lots of fish on the finder, bite was light and infrequent.  I had to jig above them to get their attention.  If they came up to my jig, they generally bit.  7:00-8:00 a.m. things really turned on.  Bite was faster and much more aggressive.  Ended up with a limit.  Things really slowed down by 9:00, it was fairly dead.  Will be my last run to Pineview this season, unless things get really cold again, you will need a 8-12' plank to get on.  I am surprised at how few perch I have caught this season, I'll bet I have only caught 20 all season!  This is the best I have done on crappie.  

Thank you to those who have been willing to share info.  I did not know how to tell I had some PM's until now.  Thanks to those who sent messages, even if I got them 1-2 months later Confused , I do appreciate the help Big Grin .  Now it will be off to Strawberry in a couple weeks IF I can afford to drive up there Smile !
(03-18-2022, 06:22 PM)icerman Wrote: Gave Pineview one more early morning run.  Had the narrows all to my self...maybe I was a fool!  Thankful that I brought an eight foot plank or I would not have gotten on without getting wet.  Was fishing by 6:15 a.m.  Lots of fish on the finder, bite was light and infrequent.  I had to jig above them to get their attention.  If they came up to my jig, they generally bit.  7:00-8:00 a.m. things really turned on.  Bite was faster and much more aggressive.  Ended up with a limit.  Things really slowed down by 9:00, it was fairly dead.  Will be my last run to Pineview this season, unless things get really cold again, you will need a 8-12' plank to get on.  I am surprised at how few perch I have caught this season, I'll bet I have only caught 20 all season!  This is the best I have done on crappie.  

Thank you to those who have been willing to share info.  I did not know how to tell I had some PM's until now.  Thanks to those who sent messages, even if I got them 1-2 months later Confused , I do appreciate the help Big Grin .  Now it will be off to Strawberry in a couple weeks IF I can afford to drive up there Smile !

Glad you got up there one last time. Were the crappie any bigger than they have been?
Good job - my trip earlier this week was probably my last. Glad you got into them (crappie) this season. If not for the crappie, things would have been much different. Only had one good day at Rockport for perch in three tries. Hyrum and Pineview pretty much struck out this year. Guess this low water must have hit them hard...