Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Help
My family is heading up to BL this weekend.  We've been there in the summer and during the cisco disco, but never at this time of the year.  I have heard that the ice is still plenty thick and we were hoping to drill some holes and chase after some fish.  
I've never ice fished the lake, so I could use some help.  I've heard that kastmasters, pimples, and white tube jigs work well with cisco or chub meat.  
I really have no idea where to go on the ice.  We are familiar with Cisco Beach from the disco, and I have caught a cutt from the shore at the marina.  We've also been out to the rockpile in a boat chasing cisco.  
I was thinking of just going off Cisco Beach, but if anyone has better ideas, feel free to PM me.
All of the above will work.  If I were you, I would follow the other anglers.  Chances are they are finding fish and you should be able to do so too.  Ice is still doing remarkably well and is about 12" off the marina and 16-18" thick everywhere else.  Go get 'em!
(03-22-2022, 12:53 AM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: All of the above will work.  If I were you, I would follow the other anglers.  Chances are they are finding fish and you should be able to do so too.  Ice is still doing remarkably well and is about 12" off the marina and 16-18" thick everywhere else.  Go get 'em!

Hey Scott how much snow is still on the ice