Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry today, Mar. 22
Well, I haven't given up yet...dishes to do, house to clean, yard needs work..Where's he at?...'Gone Fishin'....you know the tune...mild at the Berry today, except winds kept me in the tent ... ice solid 20" with 6" packed snow on top...only a few other lost souls out on the ice today as seen from the marina...pretty good day for me, at least by my standards...9 cutts iced, but at least 20 other taps/bites/nibbles that I just missed, or couldn't quite get to fast enough...you know how it is when you're trying 2 rods...holding one, the other goes off..etc. etc....nothing over 18"...cut shrimp good early, then wax worms, then later the shrimp again...might be worth just one more trip...Guluk...
Thanks for your report. I'm hoping it holds up for Saturday. I'm a little worried about the higher temps at the end of the week/weekend and slush conditions. We've been pretty spoiled this year so maybe one slush day will be bearable.

jack of all tackle, master of none
The only slush I encountered was sections of the road in from the highway...my last trip there was on March 7, and that 6 mile stretch was bumpy, rutted snow all the way...this day there were areas of open pavement, but plenty of stretches that were rutted, icy, and a slushy mess, especially coming out in the middle of the afternoon...When done fishing, I did go in and pay my $12 parking fee..he said they'd be charging 'til the end of this month, and they just run the plow once a week...didn't appear to have been plowed after Sunday's snow, as it was a mess and I was glad for 4x4 traction.....The ramp still had a good cover of snow, just a little softer coming back up... taking a couple breaks pulling my sled back up made it doable for me, but I do see the value for those who have a snow machine...Guluk if you make it out there on Sat...