Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Recreational Company HELP
Utah Recreational Company
385-273-1100 option 5 for the General Manager
This is the company responsible for repairing the courtesy dock at the soldier creek boat launch - as you know it was completely out of order last year and looked like a crime scene - please give them a call to get this scheduled for repaired for the upcoming season
(03-25-2022, 04:02 PM)Lundman Wrote: Utah Recreational Company
385-273-1100 option 5 for the General Manager
This is the company responsible for repairing the courtesy dock at the soldier creek boat launch - as you know it was completely out of order last year and looked like a crime scene - please give them a call to get this scheduled for repaired for the upcoming season
I have not looked at the contract that the USFS has with Utah Rec, but I have to ask - are you 100% certain that they are contractually obligated to repair/maintain that courtesy dock?  When AL&L had the contract, my next-door neighbor worked at Pineview Port Ramp and told me that AL&L was not responsible for maintenance/repair on the docks at the Port Ramp.  It may have changed with the change in the contract to another vender (Utah Rec).  I just don't know at this point in time.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I had a conversation on the phone with the local USFS office about who is responsible for dock repair at Pineview & Strawberry reservoirs.  Again, I have not read the contract specifics myself.  This is what I was told by the USFS official.  The contract says that both Utah Recreation Co. and the USFS share joint responsibility for dock maintenance/repair.  As with everything these days, there is a cost to do this in actual dollars.  Those dollars will have to be budgeted and funded by both entities before any work can be performed.  Nothing will be done until/unless funds become available specifically for that work.

New docks will be installed at Pineview Port Ramp this spring and are already sitting in the parking lot awaiting installation in the water.  They will supplement the existing poor excuse for a dock for now.  Eventually, as more funds become available, all of the old dock system will be replaced.  This may take a couple more years to complete.

As to Strawberry/Soldier Creek replacement/repair of the dock system, I'm still waiting to hear back from USFS management on that one.  As soon as I know more, I'll report back here.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-28-2022, 03:37 PM)dubob Wrote: I had a conversation on the phone with the local USFS office about who is responsible for dock repair at Pineview & Strawberry reservoirs.  Again, I have not read the contract specifics myself.  This is what I was told by the USFS official.  The contract says that both Utah Recreation Co. and the USFS share joint responsibility for dock maintenance/repair.  As with everything these days, there is a cost to do this in actual dollars.  Those dollars will have to be budgeted and funded by both entities before any work can be performed.  Nothing will be done until/unless funds become available specifically for that work.

New docks will be installed at Pineview Port Ramp this spring and are already sitting in the parking lot awaiting installation in the water.  They will supplement the existing poor excuse for a dock for now.  Eventually, as more funds become available, all of the old dock system will be replaced.  This may take a couple more years to complete.

As to Strawberry/Soldier Creek replacement/repair of the dock system, I'm still waiting to hear back from USFS management on that one.  As soon as I know more, I'll report back here.

Thanks Bob for contacting them to find out what is going on with the boat docks. That one that was at Soldier creek wasn't that great years ago, when we were doing the DAV event, it's hard to believe they haven't replaced it long before now. Hopefully they get back with you on a timeline for replacing it.