Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS Inspection
I’m going to the gorge this weekend and have never had to go through an AIS inspection in Wyoming. Can anyone give me any advice on how long it takes and anything to watch out for. Thanks for the help
(03-25-2022, 04:38 PM)Redrebel Wrote: I’m going to the gorge this weekend and have never had to go through an AIS inspection in Wyoming. Can anyone give me any advice on how long it takes and anything to watch out for. Thanks for the help
It normally takes less than 15 minutes and they look at your live well and have you drop the motor(s) and make sure the plug is out.  They will ask you a couple of questions and send you on your way after attaching a tag to your boat/winch connection.  Easy peasy.

You will also need a WY AIS decal or proof of purchase to put the boat into WY waters.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(03-25-2022, 04:38 PM)Redrebel Wrote: I’m going to the gorge this weekend and have never had to go through an AIS inspection in Wyoming. Can anyone give me any advice on how long it takes and anything to watch out for. Thanks for the help

Provided you haven't recently boated on infested waters, it is pretty painless.  Lower motors, open live well, answer a few questions and get sealed.   Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. There is one at the port, if they're not open when you come through, there is one at Anvil.
It goes very fast, open live wells drop motor and answer some questions as stated previously. make sure you have the Wyoming AIS decal on your boat.
Thanks guys. I purchased the AIS decal. And checked the hours of the Evanston station. Should be good to go.
Good luck at the Gorge!