Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South marina
Took the dog out and walked the north dike down to the reservoir.  Looks like the bank guys are taking advantage of the walleye spawn. Talked to one guy in the parking lot ago said he'd seen a couple caught.  Mid way between the reservoir and the pump house I found a surprise.  Looks like they're putting in a fairly big pond in the north side of the dike.  Inflow is up pretty good. I'm guessing to get a little water built up for the farmers.  Also, a few outfits with trailers in the ma
[Image: IMG-20220325-125144279-HDR.jpg]
rina parking lot.
Well that is very interesting, the last time they dredged the channel they put all the tailings between the channel and the road going to the South marina, this time it looks like they put them to better use. That backhoe you your pic, is it being used to open up that area by the pump house? They had it closed off while they dredged that outlet by the pump house, here is a pic of what I'm talking about.

[Image: Willard-pumphouse2.jpg]

[Image: willard-pumphouse1.jpg]
When I passed the backhoe was being used to attach piping from the pond to equipment in the pump house.  Pond doesn't appear to be very deep, but certainly could be much bigger if filled.
(03-26-2022, 01:35 AM)FatBiker Wrote: When I passed the backhoe was being used to attach piping from the pond to equipment in the pump house.  Pond doesn't appear to be very deep, but certainly could be much bigger if filled.
So they had not breached that little dam to let the water into that pump house inlet, when you walked past?