Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton reservoir drive by Saturday afternoon
The water level in the reservoir is well off it's low point from the winter and rising quite well.  A number of people were fishing the open water in front of the dam where the ice has receded about 40 feet.  Didn't have time to visit with any fisherman to see how they were doing.
[Image: Newton.jpg]
Thanks for the drive by report, amazing how fast that ice disapeared from that lake once the warm up started.
Its encouraging to see the levels up since I was over there last. Hopefully the good brush will get covered so the have some good spawn grounds, before they start pulling on it hard.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thanks for the update. I'm hoping to get up there this spring. I've only fished it through the ice.

jack of all tackle, master of none
I expect Newton to be a little tough fishing this year after the ultra low water and high pressure it got all winter... But hopefully it will get a good reset and start towards a good pond down the road a spell... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!