Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 3-2-04
Went to Echo with my son Tues. afternoon. The fishing wasn't red hot but steady and we caught enough Perch for a nice dinner. I found that I like fishing with just a Kastmaster tipped with a piece of Perch meat with the skin still on. It worked good and seemed to attract the bigger fish.

Speaking of Perch for dinner. The attached picture is my son with a Rainbow he caught. I thought it must be a female loaded with eggs but when I cleaned it it turned out to be a male with at least 11 small Perch in his belly. I have pictures of his stomach contents but I thought it might be too gross for the squeamish.

FM
[signature]
Nice fish. I've been to Echo several times this year, and haven't been fortunate enough to catch any trout this year. Very interesting about the perch in it's belly. I've caught a lot of perch with baby perch in their bellies, and I was wondering if the trout ate them too. I guess that answers that question.
[signature]
Great picture! Does this old ?art good to see future ice men in the making!! I was at echo last Sunday and worked the area along the drop off near the big rock close to the damn.. I couldnt pay a perch to bite but the bow's were holding about 10' down..

CF
[signature]
I am hoping that I will be able to fish Echo this weekend. I haven't been out fishing for a month. I have cabin fever really bad. How were the edges?
[signature]
The ice is thin for several feet. It's best to have water proof boots or some kind of board to get across.

FM
[signature]