Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Catfish Contest Scoreboard
Note this year I’m going to just edit your post with the score. Hopefully in this text and color. 
Sorry for delayed first scores, but here is your 3-29-22 update. 

Okay as usual with the updated forum I can't post what I want to, so I'll see if I can send it to my phone so I can upload the clip... Later J

[Image: B17-E5072-03-AC-4239-B6-A1-4-AAFB56-DA6-B7.jpg]
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Round two and we have a few more updates, John is rocking it like Balboa..... Nice job John.... north is still in the lead.... Oh Greg and Landon haven't made their posts yet but I entered their fish from first hand visibility... We'll update if their photo's don't confirm the marks... or exceed what I thought I seen... Anyway fun to get some torquey fights going those cats are great...

[Image: catcon4422.jpg]
Jim, added a nice fish to the list and got Landon updated with the correct score... Mostly cold weather has slowed the entries... Good luck all

[Image: catcon41522.jpg]
Hello Mr & Mrs Johnson, way to rock to the top of the chart... In case you missed it Richard and Vi must have had an incredible trip, at least they sure posted some great fish... Richard moved onto the charts in the #1 position, Vi is in like fourth on her day view entry... But their numbers now moves team south into first place... Both teams now have their top ten fish so it's time to start watching the team competition... Anyway looks like Utah lake woke up, so the rest of you guys down south can probably start fishing now... Wonder what's happen up our way, guess I better go check and see... Later J

[Image: catcon42922.jpg]
Sorry don't have time to do a full update, but just a little update, John, (Ahi) took the lead and Richard (Mr. J) took it right back, Jim (Pisco) and Paul (Jigfisher) both nailed some great fish moving up the chart scoreboard, but it's still the south in the lead by about ten points, so well within the catchable range if Skunky would go catch a decent fish for a change... Anyway will try to get a chart up soon... Later J
Paul caught a monster, bringing him up into the top 3 contenders... Here's the chart so you can see how things are going... J

[Image: catcon51322.jpg]
Sorry I'm a month behind everyone, I'll try to get everything updated as soon as I can... Lot of nice fish to get added, so I'll get scoring and then do an update... Thanks for your patience... later J
Okay Sorry I'm so late, but here's where the numbers shook out... Richard is the new top of the leader board alone this time, lots of big fish down south putting up a 22 point lead over team north, that's like huge... congrats and see the chart for more info... J

[Image: catcon61622.jpg]
Update time.... Sorry I'm so slow to update scores this year, just a very busy year for me, so I don't get a lot of time to update things... But there are some great cats being caught, mostly down south this year... Things up north are either slow or no one else is getting out like me...  Anyway south has almost cracked the 30" average for the top ten fish... Great job!!! No real position changes this time, but scores continue to increase.. congrats and here's the chart so you can see how you're doing... Later J

[Image: catcon63022.jpg]
Boy I'm such a slacker, sorry everyone... But I did get you an update... If I missed anything please let me know, I think I have it updated, except for Craig's fish that is still waiting for help with his account so he can post it... Once again team south continues to rock and roll the north, this is almost a royal butt kicking... Sorry team I haven't been fishing since the flotilla in May.... one of these days I need to get off the bench and try to catch something... Anyway Richard padded his lead a little more, a bunch of team south moved their scores a little higher, getting a good bunch of big fish from the south... way to go, sorry I'm not getting you guys the press you deserve after some great catches.... Keep pushing the lead, Richard is getting in the range where the leaders usually finish, be interesting to see if the top score goes higher this year than Bryton's high mark last year... Good luck all... Later J

[Image: catcon71922.jpg]
Not a lot of position switching so I haven't posted an update lately, even though there are a lot of new fish on the charts... But here is the current update, sorry for the lack of good results this year... Some room to still take the lead if you're hard core and put in the time... Best of luck to all... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-18-2022, 07:41 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Not a lot of position switching so I haven't posted an update lately, even though there are a lot of new fish on the charts... But here is the current update, sorry for the lack of good results this year... Some room to still take the lead if you're hard core and put in the time... Best of luck to all... Later J

I just noticed the update, and noticed that you missed my last entry's.

on July 20th I caught a 30" cat
on July 25th I caught a 30", and a 30.5 " cat both on Utah Lake
My score should be 90.5"

Thanks for all you do to keep everyone straight.
MrsJ
Thanks Vi I'll check that out and get you updated... Sorry I missed recording those scores... Jeff

Here is another update to clear up an overlooked big score.  If anyone notices that I have missed some of their fish, please let me know... I try to keep an eye on the last ones I scored, but occasionally one slips below my line, so if that happens and I miss your fish please let me know...  By the way notice the dynamic duo at the top of the chart... Richard and Vi.... John had his score before Vi, so he shows up in between due to the same score, but pretty impressive job by the Johnson's... way to go...

Attached Files Image(s)

Current Update, we have a new leader Vi found her lost fish so she bumps off her husband and takes top honors. Good time to do it we typically don’t see a ton of movement once the fall starts. Congrats Vi and here’s how the scores look now. Later J
Time for another update Pisco has moved into a tie for second place and the north is still searching for a third member to help move them back into the competition... It's a blow out so far this year, but Bryton hasn't got out fishing yet, so it could still change... Congrats Jim on three new nice cats...  Vi congrats on holding down the lead, but it's so close this year any new fish could juggle the lead... Fun to see it go down to the wire... Good luck everyone... Later J

[Image: catcon92022.jpg]

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Fish weekend, so got to roll an update.... congrats to all those new 30 and plus fish to hit the chart this weekend... After the slime settled we have a new leader, John reclaimed his top honors for the moment... Congrats Ahi1953.... Vi bumped it up half inch, but Jim tied her score with a nice 31" hog and former champ BLK moved into the top five with 90 points...  Looks like I should have went fishing over the weekend, maybe I could have broke 27"...  Anyway if you like big cat pix, look at John's big boy, check out the head on that fish.... monster territory for sure... Congrats everyone you're making for an exciting finish to this contest, good luck in the stretch... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

The  Johnson's both make a bump up, with Vi tied for first place again... Richard is only an inch behind, but holding down forth place... Tight contest at the top this year... It's definitely not over yet, got a Nascar bumper car finish going on this year, lots of small bumps coming almost every other day... Keep'em coming, who will have our first 32" this year?  We'll probably see soon... Good luck all... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-29-2022, 12:17 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: The  Johnson's both make a bump up, with Vi tied for first place again... Richard is only an inch behind, but holding down forth place... Tight contest at the top this year... It's definitely not over yet, got a Nascar bumper car finish going on this year, lots of small bumps coming almost every other day... Keep'em coming, who will have our first 32" this year?  We'll probably see soon... Good luck all... Later J

So going into the final 11 days here is how the numbers look... different year this year, they just keep pulling in big fish, way to go everyone but me...  I think it's safe to say outside of John the north is in trouble this year... John way to keep north on top over all... But as a team the south kind of tromped us this season so far... Good luck everyone to get your final bumps in place, with the upcoming cold fronts on the way, the contest may start to wind down soon... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

Okay going into the final weekend of the big contest here are the results that I have... If I have missed any of your scores, it would be a good time to get me to update them if I have missed them... Pretty amazing year for the contest, I'm so impressed with the number of big fish so many of you have caught... My congrats to everyone for a wonderful effort and  great year... Hope you still find a few more to put some frosting on the cat cake, but I kind of suspect it will be tough to get a bumper cat to bite after the change in the weather, but prove me wrong I can take it... Good luck everyone... Later J

Attached Files Image(s)

Well it's the last official posting for the 2022 Catfish Contest.... I had a little rework on numbers with Jim on Jon's (Dirtbag) scores, appreciate your corrections on my scoring with info that shifted my numbers down a bit. But it has been a great year for big fish congratulations to all that did so well this year...  So drum roll please.........
Our 2022 champion is John Ahi1953 from team north with a three fish score of 96.5 points.... well done John...
Our winning team this year is team south with a 20 point blowout win 310.5 to 290.5.... great job team south you done good...
Our winning youth is Catslayer with a .5 point win over my nephew Landon... way to go, (Justin you'll have to remind me which son is Catslayer)
Our team south winner is Mrs J, way to go Vi on an incredible year, even having a 31"er lost without a score she still scorches in with a 94 score, great job...

Anyway congratulations to all our winners and everyone else that tangled with a cat this year as well... Watch for the official gathering and award banquet, upcoming soon... provided I can find some prizes to pass out... Congrats everyone...

Attached Files Image(s)