Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River AM
Went out to my spot on the Bear River this morning before work. Caught a carp first thing and chopped him up. Went on to catch 3 big cats, ranging from 26-29”. All caught on carp meat. I think the catfish season up north is about to get into full swing! 

Biggest cat we caught ended up latching on to my thumb while I was trying to get the hook out, they sure do bite hard.

On another note, I am new to the catfish contest. Has it officially started yet?
Nice job, that's a great day out... yes the contest is underway get those pictures entered on your personal post on the contest board... look at one of the other posts to see what we want to see... and a big congrats 29 is in the top 2-3 fish so far... Nice job... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Very good I've gotten skunked last two days. As Jeff said contest is going. if you need help entering your fish just ask I or others will surly walk you though it.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
(04-04-2022, 09:12 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: Very good I've gotten skunked last two days. As Jeff said contest is going. if you need help entering your fish just ask I or others will surly walk you though it.

I’d love to enter but I was totally aware of the rules so I did not get a correct picture….but here’s a picture to see anyways. 

Just read the rules and the next cats will be on the board!

[Image: stocktondunkley.jpg]
(04-04-2022, 09:12 PM)Ahi1953 Wrote: Very good I've gotten skunked last two days. As Jeff said contest is going. if you need help entering your fish just ask I or others will surly walk you though it.

Thank you! Unfortunately I was not too clear on the rules, but the next ones will be on the board!
Sorry make sure you get a copy of the label to put in your photo and the rules are posted up top in the sticky area of that contest board... If you can't find that area let me know and I'll get you a link... Too bad to miss out on a 29" fish, that was my best one last year... Good luck... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-04-2022, 09:53 PM)stocktondunkley Wrote:

I’d love to enter but I was totally aware of the rules so I did not get a correct picture….but here’s a picture to see anyways. 

FYI: I undeleted your post and fixed your pic, I figured the reason you deleted your post was because your pic was too big. The reason the system did not resize it for you is because you used the wrong method for adding pics. The method you use is only for adding PDF files to your post, here is the correct method:

1. First you need to have your cursor below your typed post.
2. Right below where you type your post you will see, "Add image to post", click on that box.
3. A new box will open and you will see, "browse from your computer", click that and it should open up the pics in your device.
4. Click on the pic you want to add, then on the bottom you will see open, click that button.
5. A new box will open and the pic you selected will be in it, then just click on the "upload" button and your pic should appear in your post.

There is a slightly different method if you were using your phone to post a pic on your post, I can post that if you like?
(04-05-2022, 01:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

FYI: I undeleted your post and fixed your pic, I figured the reason you deleted your post was because your pic was too big. The reason the system did not resize it for you is because you used the wrong method for adding pics. The method you use is only for adding PDF files to your post, here is the correct method:

2. Right below where you type your post you will see, "Add image to post", click on that box.
3. A new box will open and you will see, "browse from your computer", click that and it should open up the pics in your device.
4. Click on the pic you want to add, then on the bottom you will see open, click that button.
5. A new box will open and the pic you selected will be in it, then just click on the "upload" button and your pic should appear in your post.

There is a slightly different method if you were using your phone to post a pic on your post, I can post that if you like?

Thank you so much! Yes, I was using my phone to post it. And you were right, it was waaaaaay too big so I deleted the post.
This is the method for adding pics from your phone, courtesy of CowbowPirate, if you have any questions about this method please contact him.

I use an Android phone, not sure if an iPhone will be the same

1- Type your text for the post

2- Make sure your cursor is located in the post where you want the photo to be. If your cursor is sitting in between words in a sentence the photo will split the sentence

3- just below the post there is a blue icon with the wording " add image to post". Click this

4- a folder with the words "choose image" will appear. Click this

5- I then get a few options at the bottom of my phone as to where to find my photos. I always click the "files" option

6- now it may differ for everyone from here as you will have to find the photo and that depends on how you save and file your photos. For me I use the drop down menu bars on the upper left and hit gallery, but you may need to search by file name if you use files to organize your photos.

7- when you find the photo, just click on it and it will drop it in at the right aspect, wherever you had you cursor.
Man we could have used those points for team North. Go get a couple more
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-05-2022, 04:18 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Man we could have used those points for team North. Go get a couple more

I have the morning off all week, I’ll be sending in a couple more I’m sure.
nice cat and hat
thanks fer the report
may head up tomarrow or sunday and exercise some poopers
im trying to swing more meat for kitties this season
if ya see the whippy stick tossing soli ski bum upon a sup say hi
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom
(04-05-2022, 01:58 PM)stocktondunkley Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 01:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:

Thank you so much! Yes, I was using my phone to post it. And you were right, it was waaaaaay too big so I deleted the post.

Nice catch. 
I use my phone for taking the photos also. But because the BFT site is kinda small, hard to read with my old eyes, I send the photos home to my PC, do my posting from there, and any editing they may need to lighten, darken, resize, etc. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Forest, you do realize that you can click on any photo on BFT and it will enlarge, as long as you use the method I listed above?