Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Tough Breezy Day
I got out with Elayo and SmittySlead on Saturday we pulled into the main ramp at 6:30am and launched and started fishing north of the ramp just before 7am we hooked upped and landed our first and only 16” Kokanee at 7am then caught and released a couple rainbows then made a move around 9am to the dam area as the wind started to come up. We hooked and long line released one in that area then move into Rock Creek arm to get out of the wind where Shawn caught 2 rainbows on his planner board set up. We dropped Tony at the ramp at 11am then we went back to the dam area where we battled the wind with no love then went back to the Rock creek arm where Shawn hooked and lost what looked like a Koke near the boat on his planer board set up. I ran my down riggers between 3’ to 25’ with 100’ set backs the one confirmed Koke came on a water melon set up at 3’ we called it quits at 2pm. Lots of boats out there for an early season trip.
The wind up there yesterday was as bad as I've ever seen. Was not much fun after about 8:00 am.... Became very difficult to control the boat and maintain a consistent troll. Finally called it at 10:00
Fished Jordanelle with a buddy and his young son last friday. We targeted Kokanee, hit every spot that we usually have great success for them. Ran 4 lines on downrigger and one flatline. We covered from surface to 30 feet, we marked very few fish. Fished for about 6 hours total , spent a little time casting various lures for anything they might hit, no luck.
Possibly had one koke on not sure. We landed 9 rainbows most from surface to 10 feet deep.
We had several more hit and runs and missed fish, assuming they were rainbows as well.
The bows were 12 to 16 inches.
All released to swim again. Lake sure seems so much smaller with the low water levels.
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
I was fishing the same area north of the ramp with you Saturday morning. We trolled 4 lines for an hour without a bite so we headed towards the dam and some other areas where we usually do OK. Managed a few bows and 1 cut but zeroed out on Kokanee. The wind sent us home before noon. Glad you at least landed one.
I fished on Thursday. We started right across from the main marina. Got 1 koke there. Fished north up till we were in only 39' of water. Got several decent bows and 1 brown. Went south between the PWC launch and the dam. Got 1 more koke and more rainbows. Overall it was pretty slow. That first koke hit right on top as I was putting the line on the downrigger. The last one hit at 19' and was just after noon. Water was still a little cold 41*. I think it might get better when it warms up a bit.

Oh yeah, on the north east side did you see the boat that has been exposed by the low water. Looks as if they hit something hard as about 3 ft of the bow is broken out. Must have gone right to the bottom and been there until this low water exposed it.
(04-11-2022, 07:49 PM)brookie Wrote: Oh yeah, on the north east side did you see the boat that has been exposed by the low water. Looks as if they hit something hard as about 3 ft of the bow is broken out. Must have gone right to the bottom and been there until this low water exposed it.

This is how the koke season last year started at Jordanelle, slow, but it got better later in the season. 
We saw that boat while ice fishing this Winter but I never got close enough to take a look at it. I thought it was on the North West side of the lake, unless there were two grounded boats out there. Undecided
Sorry, you are right, it is on the north west side. Yeah "when the sun rises in the west and lays it's head down in the east... I'll be sliding home from first".