Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow recap
Buddy & I fished Thur-Fri-Sat.  Picked just the right 3-day window sandwiched by either wind or cold temps.  Best trip we've ever experienced down there, and that's saying a lot.  Boated over 3-doz each day, with the avg size in the 15-16" range.  Biggest fish was 19".  Caught only 3 that went under a foot.  Spinnerbaits & chatterbaits in the mornings, followed by jigs & dropshots in the afternoons.  Every fish was fat & sassy.  Water temps 53 early, warming to 58.  Gas in the 4.19-4.79 range.  Gonna be a tough act for us to follow the remainder of this season.
I'm headed down there next week. Weather and fishing ought to be toasty.

Thanks for the report. Neither the DWR or Parks websites have been updated on "Current Conditions" since December 20. How full was the lake?
Yup, great time of year to be fishing SH...you can catch them just about anyway you want to! Big Females are staging, so every cast has a possibility of catching a trophy. We've yet to break the 5lb mark yet this spring, but the numbers of 3-5 pound fish we've caught has been phenomenal. Just waiting for the really big ladies to show up!
Mike,
Would you like to go to Powell with is on our spring Walleye trip?
Please give me a holler.