Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake trout
Just a couple questions for those who are experienced in chasing down the Mack’s at the gorge:
When going for large Mack’s, what do you consider a good day(fish count)?
If you prefer multiple methods which is your favorite and which is your most productive?
Most fish in a day (over 28”)?
Do you keep large fish (over 20lb?
Curiosity killed the cat
Thanks for taking the time to respond
(04-14-2022, 02:37 AM)Redrebel Wrote: Just a couple questions for those who are experienced in chasing down the Mack’s at the gorge:
If you prefer multiple methods which is your favorite and which is your most productive?
Curiosity killed the cat

Do you keep large fish (over 20lb? NO________NO----------NO----------no
some days it takes you one day to find them maybe more.    
If you can get 3 over 20 Lbs. your are doing good maybe one over 20 lbs. you are doing good.
the most I have got in one day is 6 over 20 Lbs. with some 10 to 15 in between.

catching kokanee is alot more fun for me. when we get are limit of Kokanee we will go after the big Lakers if the wind is not blowing 
(04-14-2022, 05:48 AM)liketrolling Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 02:37 AM)Redrebel Wrote: Just a couple questions for those who are experienced in chasing down the Mack’s at the gorge:
Curiosity killed the cat

Do you keep large fish (over 20lb? NO________NO----------NO----------no
some days it takes you one day to find them maybe more.    
If you can get 3 over 20 Lbs. your are doing good maybe one over 20 lbs. you are doing good.
the most I have got in one day is 6 over 20 Lbs. with some 10 to 15 in between.

catching kokanee is alot more fun for me. when we get are limit of Kokanee we will go after the big Lakers if the wind is not blowing 

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I got a new boat last summer and haven’t been after the Lakers for a few years and just wanted to see where I’m at on skill level. I took out some buddies couple weeks ago and it was a learning experience on explaining to friends on the boat that anything over 28 inches is catch and release. At least I know the ones that they took were cooked up and used and not wasted that makes me feel better but I’d rather see a 24 pound fish turn into a 35 pound fish especially after reading  how fast they actually grow. It’s also fun to release them!
[Image: 1-B19-EB72-C440-48-D1-B669-BC90-C9-DAC8-D6.jpg]