Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road trip with Obifishkenobi
Shawn was up to his mother-in-laws for Easter weekend so we tried to get to Blackfoot Reservoir Saturday for some bank fishing. I had drove up two weeks ago. But found It still iced over. It is an hour drive from the city of Blackfoot. But the snowstorm of last Saturday has the road closed back off. 
So we turned around and headed to American Falls. At the dam we found two foot white capps and bad wind. We went down to Sportsman Park by Aberdeen and fished a while with no luck. 
So I took him to Crystal Springs. A small trout pond with paved trail around most of the pond and places for people in wheel chair to fish. They drained it and fixed something last year and it doesn't look like they have replanted it yet, because we didn't see a fish in that Crystal clear water. 
So off to McTuker ponds. I know they plant channel cats there. We fished a few of the ponds and never a bite. 
So the last chance we had to fish on the way back to Blackfoot was Springfield Pond. It is an artificial bait only, no scent or bait allowed. Two trout limit and nothing under 20" can be kept. 
On my second cast with a brass rattling castmaster I nailed this three pounder. 20 1/2" . 

Add image didn't work this morning, and I lost this whole post the first time. So I will try to add a picture after I post this.

[Image: 20220416-095054.jpg]
Looks like you have the photo posting figured out now Randy, way to go, nice bow. Always a good idea to post the report first and not take the chance of losing it, then edit and add the pic next. Sounds like you two did a lot of driving to catch that one fish, I'm surprised you did not try Ririe.
(04-17-2022, 06:05 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like you have the photo posting figured out now Randy, way to go, nice bow. Always a good idea to post the report first and not take the chance of losing it, then edit and add the pic next. Sounds like you two did a lot of driving to catch that one fish, I'm surprised you did not try Ririe.

Ririe, was in the wrong direction once we decided to head west to American Falls, it was a nice drive in some pretty country with good company. On a side note American Falls is at full pool.
(04-17-2022, 08:06 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-17-2022, 06:05 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks like you have the photo posting figured out now Randy, way to go, nice bow. Always a good idea to post the report first and not take the chance of losing it, then edit and add the pic next. Sounds like you two did a lot of driving to catch that one fish, I'm surprised you did not try Ririe.

Ririe, was in the wrong direction once we decided to head west to American Falls, it was a nice drive in some pretty country with good company. On a side note American Falls is at full pool.

OK, that makes sense, guess I thought they were all in the same area. I thought we drove near American Falls when we came up to Ririe this Winter. Good to hear American Falls is full already, wish we were doing that good here.
Nice, looks like the trip turned out great, with all the driving.
I still want to get up to Blackfoot Reservoir for ice off.  Me and Shawn did great there from the bank last fall. 3 and 4 pound Rainbows. I'm expecting some 5 pounders this year. I'm going to try the road Wednesday.
Nice, those big bows are fun to catch.
I drove all the way around the reservoir today. It's still froze. A little open water by Pebble beach. 
[Image: 20220420-071131.jpg]
With some of the wind forecast the next few days may take most of that off.