Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield is good
Went with the son sat to Scofield and fished morning till 2 and between the 2 of us lost count after 45.  Two poles in the water were difficult at times but fishing would be fast then stop for a bit then fast again all bows and cuts fat footballs.  Not a lot of fight but fun to catch that many fish.  We were
[Image: IMG-1027.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1039.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1042.jpg]

[Image: IMG-1044.jpg]

fishing southwest side of the island, (on public property). the trick was using Lime twist PB and fresh row if you have some.  released all that were not hooked deep ended up with 4 to take to the smoker all pink and deep red meat!!
Sounds like a great time.  Those fillets look yummy from that cold water.

Thanks for the report and pics.

About how much of the lake is open water?
(04-26-2022, 03:49 AM)gofish435 Wrote: Sounds like a great time.  Those fillets look yummy from that cold water.

Thanks for the report and pics.

About how much of the lake is open water?

I was there last Thursday and the ice was about 20 yards off of shore and then I revisited again today and it has receded a lot more. There was very little ice by the dam and it looked like south of the island was all open water. I assume it will be all open by Saturday.
Congrats Greg and Landon, always fun to hit things just right... Did you try the jigs off the edge of the ice? Sounds like a great day... Thanks for the report... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-26-2022, 05:06 AM)DrowninWorms Wrote: I was there last Thursday and the ice was about 20 yards off of shore and then I revisited again today and it has receded a lot more. There was very little ice by the dam and it looked like south of the island was all open water. I assume it will be all open by Saturday.

Thanks for the update.  

Sounds like it's time to plan a trip.