Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good second start
A bit late with this report but I have had other things needing to be done.

Vi and I went out to UL Wed.27th, launching from LB ramp. We were on the water by 0900. Water temp was 53* a jump of 2* from last week. We ended the trip about 1500, temp had come up to a plus 55*. We got  a call from the surgery clinic stating that I needed a blood draw before Thursdays procedure so we mad a dash to get to the clinic before they closed. That was OK because we had just about enough by then anyway.

Not catching fish last week I made the call to head east before we even baited a hook. When we got close to the river we shut down the big motor and got down to business dragging cut WB. Each of us set out two rods each with a different color attractor. I hooked up first at 0945. Surprise! Surprise! first Cat of the season weighing in at 15# 29.5". That felt good, especially when we were hoping to pick up a couple of eaters for supper. We continued alternating the catch between us for a total of 10.  We kept two 25" for supper which were devoured that night with the help of some extra mouths.

The catching was not fast by any means, but the quality was there.
[Image: big-fat-29-5-incher-April-27th-2022-UL.jpg]

All of our fish were from depth of 6-7'

rj
Good report and nice catch. I'm going out for the first time this year tomorrow (Sat.) hoping to find a few willing cats. I'll probably stay close to the LB area until I know the old boat will still get me from point A to point B and back to the launch pad. Hope to see you and Vi on the water soon and good luck with your surgery.
Hoping for a good year.
BLK
That is an early start of 29"+ fish. If that trend holds itsgoing to be a great year for you all
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Killed it, nice job
You’re too modest on your report, only those that check out the contest will see you got 3 lunkers and Vi did really well also. Great trip you two. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Great job Richard and Vi. So good to read about your adventure upon the water upon don't like to hear about the surgery even though it's needed. I hope for your speedy recovery
Again, congratualtions ad way to go! I hope the recovery goes as well as this fishing trip!
Good job Rich -- glad to hear you're still antagonizing the gatos...