Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Canyon 5-05-2022
Broke away from house arrest after 2mo. Missed out on the first ice off fishing this year. Now it's making up for lost time. Always liked E Canyon early as it's a way to knock off the cobwebs. First line in at 7:45 and as I'm setting 2nd line into the downrigger I felt a good yank on the line and could see a tail dance in the distance, fish on. It was kind of a weird day catching, for the first 40min strikes would be hit & miss. Then the bite slacked off for about an hour plus. Finally found a good combo after changing up lures. Now it was fast & furious catching with many self releases. Got off the water about 12:30 as wind started.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-06-2022, 01:03 AM)Bduck Wrote: Broke away from house arrest after 2mo. Missed out on the first ice off fishing this year. Now it's making up for lost time. Always liked E Canyon early as it's a way to knock off the cobwebs. First line in at 7:45 and as I'm setting 2nd line into the downrigger I felt a good yank on the line and could see a tail dance in the distance, fish on. It was kind of a weird day catching, for the first 40min strikes would be hit & miss. Then the bite slacked off for about an hour plus. Finally found a good combo after changing up lures. Now it was fast & furious catching with many self releases. Got off the water about 12:30 as wind started.

Thanks for the report Roger, sounds like you had a decent day after you got them figured out. How deep were you fishing for your best success? Any luck with your apex lures?
(05-06-2022, 01:28 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 01:03 AM)Bduck Wrote: Broke away from house arrest after 2mo. Missed out on the first ice off fishing this year. Now it's making up for lost time. Always liked E Canyon early as it's a way to knock off the cobwebs. First line in at 7:45 and as I'm setting 2nd line into the downrigger I felt a good yank on the line and could see a tail dance in the distance, fish on. It was kind of a weird day catching, for the first 40min strikes would be hit & miss. Then the bite slacked off for about an hour plus. Finally found a good combo after changing up lures. Now it was fast & furious catching with many self releases. Got off the water about 12:30 as wind started.

Thanks for the report Roger, sounds like you had a decent day after you got them figured out. How deep were you fishing for your best success? Any luck with your apex lures?
I was rigging between 15-25' but really didn't have to go that deep, marked fish from 5-40'. I was looking for the elusive kokes that supposed to be there, no success. The first time I fished EC and for kokes was with Pete(Packfan) back in the 70's, where did those 45yrs go? 
Yes I did use my homemade Apex version.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF