Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Pineview access article.
It seems that the FS is singing a different tune about access to Pineview.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50399528/loc...-reservoir
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
It came across as a bit of "pie in the sky" to me. Not a word about ditching the whole contractor-run idea and making it a state park, as it should have been all along.
Thanks for the link, sounds like we are out of luck on the Port ramp for a few more years and their statement about allowing Anderson cove to be open during the Winter and off seasonsĀ is BS. I don't doubt they will leave it open but it has no access to the water when the water is low, like it is now and it is as far from any decent fishing area as you can get, where are the Port ramp and Cematary point is right in the heart of good fishing spots. It is great that they are doing all the improvements there, guess we will have to take a wait and see approach to see how this all turns out.
That's what I meant. "Oh look what we're going to offer you...soon." Except that what they claim to offer (if they ever in fact deliver) is worthless. Do they expect ice fishermen to walk from Anderson to the north side of Cemetery Point?

As far as I'm concerned, they can designate it a ski boat lake and stop spending money on keeping it a fishery. You can't fish it effectively or safely with hundreds of wake boats and jetskis blasting around (and ignoring distance rules) anyway. Yes, that would be a tremendous loss to anglers, but we've lost it already anyway, have we not?
Every one seems to ignore the fact that Strawberry/Soldier Creek is part of this Bovine Scatology. They do as little as possiblle on both waters and expect the public to take it . I really encourage everyone to contact your State Rep, State Senator, your Congressman, and our Senators to get something started to have BOTH Pinview and Strawberry/Soldier Creek deeded to the State and run as State Parks. Sportsman are going to have tolead the way on this. By the way, he made it sound that all the improvements were coming out of the FWS budget, ha, ha! I would bet it is coming from Utah's share of Dingle/Johnson, not FWS budget. DJ funds are from Sportsman as part of an excise tax on hunting and fishing supplies that we purchase, OUR money that they take from us !!!
Totally agree with your last statement Rocky, I do believe the battle there has been decided. Pretty much the whole reason I quit fishing there 4 years ago after spending most of mine and my kids fishing life on that body of water (soft & hard).
So is launching a possibility right now at Pineview?
(05-11-2022, 09:12 PM)sliverslinger Wrote: So is launching a possibility right now at Pineview?

It is open for boating, $18 to launch.
There were days when that body of water was for all the public. As the crowds changed and the law inforcement changed, it has turned into whoevers got the bigger boat now rules. Eight years ago I could deal with the rude boaters, worth it when I could catch 5 musky in a afternoon. But the water users now say the more boats the more money. I'll not be back till it is ruled by the state.
(05-11-2022, 09:32 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(05-11-2022, 09:12 PM)sliverslinger Wrote: So is launching a possibility right now at Pineview?

It is open for boating, $18 to launch.

Thank you for the reply.