Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another walleye caught in Cascade
https://news.yahoo.com/5-years-ago-unusu...25244.html

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing Undecided.
I'd heard that, probably not a good thing for the perch fishery if there's a good population of them.
(05-12-2022, 03:01 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I'd heard that, probably not a good thing for the perch fishery if there's a good population of them.

From that article, it sounds like they are few and far between, that was only the second on that has been reported caught in 4 years. Of course there could be more of them in there but they sure have not been showing up much if that is the case, even the Fish and Game and not seeing them from their samplings.
I'd be inclined to think that there are a few more in there, you'd think they'd show up more in their sampling.
(05-12-2022, 06:30 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: I'd be inclined to think that there are a few more in there, you'd think they'd show up more in their sampling.

Agreed!  Never been to Cascade (yet) but would like to get there sometime.  Hate to hear about a world class fishery possibly being threatened by illegally introduced species.  No love for bait bucket biologists!
See more walleye are being in south west Idaho, one in Lowell and now one in the Snake River by Swan Falls dam.