Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good day at Utah Lake 5/14/22
Richard and I were a little late getting on the water at about 8:30, and we ran into Lynn on our way to the Island. It was good to say hi and visit for a minute.

We haven't fished the island for a long time, and decided to give it a try. We fished the west and a little North of the island catching most of our fish in 5 to 7 FOW.  We tried shallower but nothing wanted our offerings.

We normally troll, and it was a little different for me to fish with bait under a bobber, but I managed to catch a few including a 27" bump. Richard out fished me, and also caught a 27", but he needed bigger than that to help his score.

Some of the fish fought hard making you think there was a giant on the line. 

We caught 13 total, 8 eaters which we really needed, (our freezer was empty) even 2 - 17 inchers that went back home for a while.

The wind started about 2PM so we went East and trolled around to get back to LB.  Richard was surprised when our big motor hit bottom, as we thought we were past the sand bar on the East. He just raised the foot up and we were able to escape from having a tragedy.
I'm sure glad he knows how to drive the boat well.

It was a very enjoyable day on the water. Looking forward to many more this summer.  Smile

Violet or Mrs. J
Great report Mrs. J. I mostly fish that way, bait and bobber. And if I'm not fishing the shallows by the  Spanish Fork river, I will be at Bird. Can't wait to get back to LB.
Great post Violet, I'll try to get your bump cat scored later this morning, glad you got into some nice fish... Too bad your hitting bottom already this year... Hope that isn't a bad sign for the rest of the summer... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for the report Violet. It seems like you two are finding them everywhere you go. Keep up the good work!