Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek -
4 1/2 hours looking for Kokes today, and only got a coke zero! Drank it and enjoyed it. To top it all off, I must have lost my boat keys on the ramp while leaving. I have never been skunked while fishing with my friend in over 50 trips over the years. Thought today was it but when I reeled in my last pole, glory be a 7" cut was on the line. Probably been swimming along for a long time from the looks of it. Released and swam off to grrow. But at least, NO SKUNK!  Tongue Many I talked with didn't do much better. But at least there will be a cut that was released for another day.
Thanks for your report. I hate reporting that I caught noting. But when I'm trying to plan a trip it's valuable information. Even the boys at SC report slow catching. Maybe the walleyes will start bitting this week. Last youtube videos from starvation were very promising, but this week it looks windy, and more wind than I like. But the mountains are pretty.
[Image: 20220524-121104.jpg]
I did a solo trip 5-23 to the Berry. Launched from the Bay and fished main body. When first arriving, I noticed how breezy & cold it was. Once on the water the chop wasn't without swells but no sheep in the pen early. Both lines in at 0630 and didn't take long to hook up with a bow, then the cutts were coming. As I searched for kokes all I could find is a small school but not sure of its identity. By 0900 the wind started picking so I ventured into Renegade finding smooth seas only to hook up with another bow, not much going on there. Hit the narrows traveling to SC finding the schools of kokes there but didn't see anyone catch any. At 1130 I called it a day, ended with 2 bows and about a dozen kokes. By the time getting back to the Bay, the chop was getting rough. This day I couldn't buy a Koke.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(05-25-2022, 02:39 AM)Bduck Wrote: I did a solo trip 5-23 to the Berry. Launched from the Bay and fished main body. When first arriving, I noticed how breezy & cold it was. Once on the water the chop wasn't without swells but no sheep in the pen early. Both lines in at 0630 and didn't take long to hook up with a bow, then the cutts were coming. As I searched for kokes all I could find is a small school but not sure of its identity. By 0900 the wind started picking so I ventured into Renegade finding smooth seas only to hook up with another bow, not much going on there. Hit the narrows traveling to SC finding the schools of kokes there but didn't see anyone catch any. At 1130 I called it a day, ended with 2 bows and about a dozen kokes. By the time getting back to the Bay, the chop was getting rough. This day I couldn't buy a Koke.
Your report Confused me "couldn't buy a koke" "
ended with 2 bows and about a dozen kokes.   Did you catch 12 kokanees?
I think he meant to say Cut's from what he said earlier in the post... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(05-25-2022, 02:51 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 02:39 AM)Bduck Wrote: I did a solo trip 5-23 to the Berry. Launched from the Bay and fished main body. When first arriving, I noticed how breezy & cold it was. Once on the water the chop wasn't without swells but no sheep in the pen early. Both lines in at 0630 and didn't take long to hook up with a bow, then the cutts were coming. As I searched for kokes all I could find is a small school but not sure of its identity. By 0900 the wind started picking so I ventured into Renegade finding smooth seas only to hook up with another bow, not much going on there. Hit the narrows traveling to SC finding the schools of kokes there but didn't see anyone catch any. At 1130 I called it a day, ended with 2 bows and about a dozen kokes. By the time getting back to the Bay, the chop was getting rough. This day I couldn't buy a Koke.
Your report Confused me "couldn't buy a koke" "
ended with 2 bows and about a dozen kokes.   Did you catch 12 kokanees?

My bad, thanks for flagging it, meant to say cutts, kokes is weighing on my mind this time of year.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF