Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A long needed trip
Violet and I have both been stuck a home do to the Covid and it has turned into Cabin Fever. This morning her first words were, should we go fishing and get out of the house? Why yes! I can feel just as bad setting in the boat and maybe a fish or two  could cheer us up.

The day was as near as perfect for being on the water ( Utah Lake). Despite the projected high Temperature it was very pleasant out there.

We had a late departure from home so we didn't get on the lake until about 0930.

Our last trip out we fished Bird Island, rather water around it. While there I had noticed several good sized Cats up on the spur so I thought we would try and encourage a few bites there and maybe get a bump. When we got there, the carp were so heavily concentrated I think they drove all the cats away with their inappropriate behavior. We backed off a bit and fished a chunk of cut WB below a bobber and caught a few eaters then headed for another area hoping for something larger. Nope! Nothing over 26.5" today.

It was good to get away from the house but both of us are just about beat. Maybe we should have stayed home and rested a few more days. That's most likely what the Dr. would have said.

rj
Way to go you two, sounds like great therapy even if it was a work out... Hope you feel even better today... Sorry no bumper busters this week, but I don't doubt you'll find them again soon... Thanks for the report... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Sorry to hear about the Covid issues but on the good side it must not have been the really bad variety or you would not have been able to go fishing. Glad you two were able to get out and at least get some tugs. Hope things improve for you and the wife, so you can get back to normal soon, they say the sun can help with boosting your immune system, so I'm sure that helped too. Take care Richard.
Good job Richard hope that trip gets you two feeling better