Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
white bass bite (and other things)
I took my son out to the lake to catch some WB.  Have to say it was an exciting trip for many reasons!

1 it was a zoo, Butz, to Nutz elbow to elbow.
2 Special thanks to the person on the other side of the inlet that helped Landon when he snagged the opposite bank 2 times.
3 was fairly productive and not as thick as the day before but ended up with 15 take home for bait, 20 plus released.
4 Annoying DOG!!!  

Please if you take your dog out fishing with you please keep an eye on it!!! there were two dogs one black lab with a great owner that kept his lab in check and well behaved.  The other dog not so much,  Pitbull that roamed the bank back and forth snarling at us and the owner did nothing!!!  On the way back to the truck the damn dog bit me 2 times on the ankle for no reason.  Had Landon scared if I had been carrying it would not be here today!!  Did not break the skin but ripped my Muck Boots!! NEW BOOTS!!  Please watch your dogs!!!!! other than that we now have bait for the summer!
Glad to hear that you had a decent day fishing. Sorry about the dog and boots. Did you confront the dog owner? It probably wouldn’t have made a difference.
(05-27-2022, 06:39 PM)BSF Wrote: Glad to hear that you had a decent day fishing. Sorry about the dog and boots. Did you confront the dog owner? It probably wouldn’t have made a difference.

Lets just say It would have not made I Diff!!
You mentioned that you got bait for the summer. Was that the dog or the owner?
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-27-2022, 07:58 PM)catchinon Wrote: You mentioned that you got bait for the summer. Was that the dog or the owner?

I didn't think of that but it would have been too fatty and gamey.
You should always report dog owners like that to local authorities even a park ranger. And for those dog owners who have no ownership of your dog, leave it home. Sucks that happened to you.
Wow, sorry about getting bit.  Has happened to me before, but the 12 year old girl barely restraining the beast said, "He's just saying hi!"  I don't bite anyone when I say hi!

jack of all tackle, master of none
(05-29-2022, 07:32 PM)filletedalive Wrote: You should always report dog owners like that to local authorities even a park ranger. And for those dog owners who have no ownership of your dog, leave it home. Sucks that happened to you.

My wife and dog have been attacked many times while walking in our "quiet" neighborhood. These are all dogs off leash which is against the law. She used to report them but has mostly given up. It's about like reporting boats that cut too close to you or speeders on the highway. I love the idea of people governing their own actions, but...
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

No way the dog owner would of had all his teeth after the dog bit me. Useless people and their worthless pets are the top of the garbage pile. If your damn dog leaves your property you better keep it away from me. People with dogs in grocery store, hardware places, etc are pathetic. If it ain’t a service dog leave the damn thing home.
I carry a pocket knife just in case a dog attacks me while on a walk.
(05-30-2022, 11:59 PM)Mooseman75 Wrote: I carry a pocket knife just in case a dog attacks me while on a walk.

I usually do but we had just come from my daughter's Graduation commencement and forgot when packing a change of clothes to pack a knife.  However I have tons of knives and other weapons in my truck,  but with the gas prices, we took my wife's Hyundai.  LOL  Big Grin