Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Summer Utah Lake Report (With Video)
Hey guys, so I was at Utah Lake (specifically the Lindon Marina) on the 28th and would like to share my findings. Started out at the small tributary just to the north of the marina. Was hoping to find the white bass but there were so many carp spawning that I only managed a few whites. So, I moved out to the marina hoping for white bass there. Only found more Carp and some Jack Wagon Jet Skiers that don't know what "no wake zone" means. (Apparently, being only 20 yards off shore in a marina means you can go 20mph and tangle everyone's lines...) Ran into a kind bowfisherman who gave me some tips on the area. First thing he told me was that white bass need current to spawn. (I already knew that part) and that areas where the wind is blowing toward the shore will trick the white bass into thinking their in current. And sure enough, after a few casts got into another whitey. He also told me that he has seen many channel cats, bullheads, and carp being caught on the outside dyke of the marina. So while I was casting for whiteys, I threw out a bottom rig with worms. Within a few minutes, my rod gets hit so hard that if it was going in. Grabbed it and had an epic 6-7 minute fight with the third biggest fish of my life, a 11.37 pound carp. Fought like a champ. After that I proceeded to catch two more 5-7 pound carp on the spinner I was throwing for white bass! Long story short, if you are looking for white bass, don't head to the Lindon Marina, at least until the carp are done doing their thing. Few more weeks and the should be in full force. I have the video link below if you want to check it out. Thanks - Sam

https://youtu.be/Y4ZRUdpXBzc
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.