Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back in the game
Cookie and the Cowboy have been absent from these pages for a while. Mostly due to us hosting a foreign exchange student for the year. She kept us real busy.. Love her dearly but our time was up and she flew back to Italy last week so we are ready to get our fishing game on again. 

First run was Rockport to see if the smallmouth have woke up. Water levels at Echo and Rockport are at the top of the spillway and flooded back into the inlet willows. Those high levels will sure be good for the young lings trying to hide from predators. We picked up a few smallies at RP bouncing ned rigs and pugly bugs, but it was not hot yet. I did not have my sonar but would guess run off water temps were still a bit cool to have them really going. Could not find perch in a few of our favorite spring spots but they will be there soon. 

Likey hit Willard Tues morning and see about some cat fillets - or LC for some fresh chubs. 

Question...I have to be in the Manti area next week for a conference. Other than fish lake and Koosharem, I have not really fished that area. Any suggestions for an afternoon drive and fish up in that area? I will have Buckwheat, and his wheelchair along. Any Fishlake reports?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Theres a little trout lake up manti canyon with easy access.
(06-06-2022, 12:08 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Gunnison is right there as is PaliSades.  Not sure how things are at Gunnison but PaliSades is always kept stocked with SNITS.  
I don't know why a "Sad" emoji is being inserted into P-a-l-i-s-a-d-e-s . Yuba is aout a half hour to painted rocks.
I doubt the road up and over to Joes Valley is open yet, but it could be. Petes hole is up that way as well.
(06-06-2022, 01:17 PM)Gone Forever Wrote:   I don't know why a "Sad" emoji is being inserted into P-a-l-i-s-a-d-e-s .  

This new site is strange like that but it does it every time you type out the word, "Sad".

Lance, good to have you back posting your great reports, looking forward to reading them.
Glad you're back too.  Was about ready to send out a search party for you if you didn't post anything soon. Glad you got into a few.
Was the exchange student averse to fishing? If so, dang Italians!!

We are getting on from France this fall. I hope the French are a little more open to the idea. Wink
(06-06-2022, 05:48 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Was the exchange student averse to fishing?  If so, dang Italians!!

We are getting on from France this fall.  I hope the French are a little more open to the idea. Wink

Actually she was really good about doing anything we suggested. We did take her to Pineview on the ice and Rockport last fall, but she joined the swim team, the choir, and got a lead role in the school play, plus she just loved going to the high school sporting events and she found a boyfriend ( good kid that took her duck hunting and shed hunting) - so we were burning the Texas oil running her all over. We had her older sister 10 years ago and have some great photos of her catching big blue cats in S Carolina. They were really a fun pair. 

But Cookie and I have some big goals this summer of places we want to fish, and BFT members we want to see,,so we got to get rolling towards the water and get back in the Saddle.

(06-06-2022, 01:17 PM)Gone Forever Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 12:08 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Gunnison is right there as is PaliSades.  Not sure how things are at Gunnison but PaliSades is always kept stocked with SNITS.  
  I don't know why a "Sad" emoji is being inserted into P-a-l-i-s-a-d-e-s .  Yuba is aout a half hour to painted rocks.
I doubt the road up and over to Joes Valley is open yet, but it could be.  Petes hole is up that way as well.

Now you mention it i think I have fished Gunnison many years back. But not Pal-i-Sades
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey Lance, hope the plans go well to get back to the fishing a little more... I wish I could do the same, somehow this summer is busier than most, so I'll take my fun when I can find it... Hope that's soon, but I kind of doubt it with hay season and greenhouses on the front burner... But hopefully I get there before the spawn so I can still find a fish... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Well there used to be a small lake west of Manti that had LMB and Yellow Perch. But Google earth does not show it now. To bad, it had some nice LMB and the perch were almost Yuba of yesteryear size. Enjoy Manti, to bad you missed the Big Daddy Roth/Rat Fink convention. Something really different in a small Utah town !!!
(06-06-2022, 05:48 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Was the exchange student averse to fishing?  If so, dang Italians!!

We are getting on from France this fall.  I hope the French are a little more open to the idea. Wink

The French are open to a lot of ideas you may not like. Friends and family have hosted a number of girls from Europe and loved them all dearly. However, they had different ideas about modesty in dress. Just sayin'.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I would try PaliSades State Park since it is probably the closest to Manti.  

They have the usual planted rainbows but there are also tiger trout and wipers in there.

The access should be good for a wheelchair also.

Good luck wherever you go. Smile