Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln rain and wind
I had high hopes for good weather today but it was not to be. Started out nuisance waves and then got serious with big waves and a little rain to boot. Managed a  couple of hours on the water and did very well until forced to leave. The bite was really on today and I caught 15 or so before live-threatening waves spooked my off.

All of the cats were very fat and ready to fight. Caught one 30 inch hog that really gave me a battle, 13 pounds 2 oz. One other at 29. Sure wish I could have put in a few more hours.
Ennyhow, check this pig out: (the fish)

[Image: DSC01347-2.jpg] 

[Image: DSC01350.jpg]

Will be back after 'em tomorrow.

BLK
Well done, son.  You were overdue for some catchin'.  Sorry about Mama Nature.  She can get nasty.  I think maybe I should come down soon so we can gang up on that 36 incher for you.  Do you remember where you tied him up for future reference?
Well done. I hope you released that 30 incher pointed towards Bird Island. I will be fishing it tomorrow (if my first honey hole doesn't pan out).
(06-06-2022, 11:09 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Well done.  I hope you released that 30 incher pointed towards Bird Island.  I will be fishing it tomorrow (if my first honey hole doesn't pan out).

Kent-- I released all of them today. The two biggest were released after a photo op at the ramp. They made a strong exit and hopefully made a left turn at the end of the channel. That would put them hopefully headed for the island, or the springs, or SF River, or Goshen Bay... somewhere in that general area. Might see you tomorrow, good luck.

TD-- Ya gotta ketch 'em before ya can tie 'em up. Soon, he will make a mistake and fall for one of my offerings. But then I will have fulfilled the major goal of my life and there will be nothing left but to fend off the Grim Reaper.  Confused
Nice job Lynn, glad you had a great trip.... Better luck today... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Good day again today, no wind or rain but heat drove me off around 11:00. Caught lots of cats, one at 28.5 and another that I couldn't quite stretch to 30 but a solid 29.5. Used both wb and carp meat for bait. Water temp was around 66 all day, Lowerance shows about 2 ft. in the channel. Still lots of boats going out, both fishers and recreation types.

Intend to make a bait search tomorrow and then back after the fish Thurs. Good times ahead.
Good going my friend.

Vi and I plan to go out in the morning. Don't know where though. Got any secrets you want to share?

Sorry you picked a rough day Monday.

rj
(06-07-2022, 11:48 PM)Mr. J Wrote: Good going my friend.

Vi and I plan to go out in the morning. Don't know where though. Got any secrets you want to share?

Sorry you picked a rough day Monday.

rj

Best secret I could offer would be to follow Richard and Vi. You have set a pretty high standard for the rest of us. You guys are going to be tough to beat. Still lots of time so there is still hope for the rest of us. Hope to see you on the water soon.
Lynn
Lynn, I found this one pretty close to where you thought your 30"er  would have gone once leaving the marina. Does it look familiar?

rj
[Image: 30-inches-June-8th-2022-UL.jpg]

[Image: 30-inch-cat-8-june-2022.jpg]
Did you find some fresh bait? I'm about to the point of needing something fresh.
(06-10-2022, 03:35 AM)Mr. J Wrote: Lynn, I found this one pretty close to where you thought your 30"er  would have gone once leaving the marina. Does it look familiar?

rj

Did you find some fresh bait? I'm about to the point of needing something fresh.

That fish looks very much like the one I caught but mine probably isn't in the biting mood after I abused him -- maybe in couple of days someone will tangle with him again.

My bait supply of wb was low and I had been using old wb and fresh carp. I needed more and fresher wb so headed over to the Provo River early one morning and caught 64 in a couple of hours. Got them all in vacuum sealed bags, six fish to a bag, and in the freezer. I have found vacuum packing to be best the best way to maintain freshness, it keeps all the air and moisture out that contributes to freezer burn. I also do carp slices the same way. The only thing fresher is fresh.

Catching wb at the Provo River is fun and fast. I used a yellow curly tail and picked one up every third or fourth cast. 

I'm headed out in the morning, not sure which direction I'll go but I will arrive early and depart before the sun bakes me. 

Tomorrow is the day.
(06-10-2022, 03:35 AM)Mr. J Wrote: Lynn, I found this one pretty close to where you thought your 30"er  would have gone once leaving the marina. Does it look familiar?

rj

That fish looks very much like the one I caught but mine probably isn't in the biting mood after I abused him -- maybe in couple of days someone will tangle with him again.

My bait supply of wb was low and I had been using old wb and fresh carp. I needed more and fresher wb so headed over to the Provo River early one morning and caught 64 in a couple of hours. Got them all in vacuum sealed bags, six fish to a bag, and in the freezer. I have found vacuum packing to be best the best way to maintain freshness, it keeps all the air and moisture out that contributes to freezer burn. I also do carp slices the same way. The only thing fresher is fresh.

Catching wb at the Provo River is fun and fast. I used a yellow curly tail and picked one up every third or fourth cast. 

I'm headed out in the morning, not sure which direction I'll go but I will arrive early and depart before the sun bakes me. 

Tomorrow is the day.