Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield
Spent Memorial weekend on Chesterfield. What a difference a year makes. Last year we had several 5 lb fish. This year it was the same 16 incher over and over and over........ Bummer
(06-01-2022, 07:20 PM)Panchodog Wrote: Spent Memorial weekend on Chesterfield. What a difference a year makes. Last year we had several 5 lb fish. This year it was the same 16 incher over and over and over........ Bummer

Well that's too bad, I wonder what happened from them to decline that much in a year, do you think it has anything to do with the low water conditions last year?
Spawn could be set back with all the cold weather we've had, so the big ones might be coming yet, been kinda a wierd spring this year.
Last Memorial Day was so good I was always going to go right back. Summer happened and I didn't make it back up until the first part of October. The water was very low then. Backing way into the mud to launch a small boat.
Worse than the low water was the number of pelicans. Hundreds. Seriously, more than I have ever seen in one place. There were what looked like juvenile birds on the shore. Like they had been hatching out up there. And they were all eating fish.
A talked with a few locals and it seems like the big fish have just disappeared. There are plenty of little guys in there. Hope they grow up quick.
Dam, that don't sound good, pelicans can put a hurting on fish, hopefully they left some to catch.