Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Koke stuff
I'm stumbling forward in my preparations to get outfitted for kokanee fishing. I ran across Nebo Fishing Store on a google map. I'll be going by there and want to stop and look at what they have, but it looks like it's just somebody's house. Anyway, they specialize in flies and kokanee dodgers and squids. They have a decent website. Anyone know anything about them? Used their stuff? The prices seem competitive but I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(06-07-2022, 08:01 PM)catchinon Wrote: I'm stumbling forward in my preparations to get outfitted for kokanee fishing. I ran across Nebo Fishing Store on a google map. I'll be going by there and want to stop and look at what they have, but it looks like it's just somebody's house. Anyway, they specialize in flies and kokanee dodgers and squids. They have a decent website. Anyone know anything about them? Used their stuff? The prices seem competitive but I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

There has popped up a lot of home shops to make kokanee fishing tools. They can be great, but the pretty stuff isn't always pretty to fish.  BUT I have made my own kokanee jewelry and caught fish. Trying new styles is a good idea. Try it let us know about new found candy.
(06-07-2022, 08:01 PM)catchinon Wrote: I'm stumbling forward in my preparations to get outfitted for kokanee fishing. I ran across Nebo Fishing Store on a google map. I'll be going by there and want to stop and look at what they have, but it looks like it's just somebody's house. Anyway, they specialize in flies and kokanee dodgers and squids. They have a decent website. Anyone know anything about them? Used their stuff? The prices seem competitive but I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

Their Cyclops Mini dodgers are the best dodgers I've ever used.  The pink one works best and the orange one works second best.  

I really like their super minnows as well.  I prefer the pink one and I like to put it about 10 to 12 in behind the dodger.  Here are the links.

https://www.nebofishing.com/product/cycl...e-pink/271

https://www.nebofishing.com/product/supe...terfly/310

I don't think they have an actual store you can visit.  You may have to shop on their website.
Nebo fishing makes very good high quality Kokanee gear. I have many of their dodgers and just purchased a bunch of their micro hoochies. All will catch Kokanee and trout. I don't think you could go wrong by purchasing any of their products. If you'd like to see some of what they catch you can check out my Facebook and Instagram page as well as Utah Family Fishing's Facebook and Instagram. Kevin is a pro staffer for Nebo.
Craig not sure how close this to you but Jared (owner of Rocky Mtn Tackle) will have some good info and looks like there will be a discount for attendees at the store. His stuff continues to produce and is local also

[Image: 9231-DED2-11-D9-42-BD-B1-DD-CD961008-F08-B.png]
Thanks all who have responded. I was able to talk to someone there and he will get back to me later to let me know when I can go visit their store.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.