Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard - Buckwheat gets a wiper
Ok, our first report in sometime...

Took Cookie and Buckwheat to Willard this morning. Was a bit late getting there. Surprised to find the North marina boat parking EMPTY. They finally started showing up around 8:00. The golden scaled bugle mouth bass were hard at work adding to their respective progeny. The fishing dock was empty, so we wheeled Buckwheat down and tossed a bunch of lines in an arc and starting whistling our version of "here kitty kitty". 

The North marina's visibility was very, very bad. Maybe the carp's enthusiasm was to blame as the main lake was not so murky.

Tossed our mix of Santee and Carolina rigs - all baited with the choicest bits of LC chub. Had a few soft pick ups before Cookie finally laid the cold  steel to one. Nice Willard cat around 24". Then a number more light pickups but they just were not grabbing it hard - perhaps having to dodge the amourous golden bass had them worn plumb out.

Then buckwheat had a hard take and run - wiper on - and a big one at that. Had some fun with that one. 

Next I gave my Gopro a bath. It slid out of my hoodie pocket when I leaned over to watch the carp play "tag". That is what I get, I guess, for, watching. Daddy told me its best to mind to your own lady and not ogle the others. Fortunately, I had electrical tape and baling wire (what good farmer doesn't) in the truck. Tied my shovel to my net to give me the length I needed and procced to gopro fish. After a few futile drags with my shovel-net, and some rather uncalled for comments from my bride about my plumbers-crack, I felt a tug more satisfying than a cat on my Caronia rig - and up came my Gopro. 

Figured that was enough excitement for one day - so we hit Arbys and drove home eating some roast beef while planning our next outing (maybe we will go back and try the west side)

Youtube link below if you want to see buckwheat get his wiper and my get my gopro.

https://youtu.be/sdpk_suBnfA
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Congratulations to Buckwheat on that fine wiper.
That is a great sized wiper and cat for being in the marina, did you measure the wiper? Nice plan on retrieving the GoPro.
After a few futile drags with my shovel-net, and some rather uncalled for comments from my bride about my plumbers-crack, I felt a tug more satisfying than a cat on my Caronia rig - and up came my Gopro.

Congrats on the fun morning but remember to stay politically correct it is no longer plumbers crack it is now "construction cleavage" don't want to hurt any feelings in this day and age
(06-08-2022, 01:45 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Ok, our first report in sometime...

Took Cookie and Buckwheat to Willard this morning. Was a bit late getting there. Surprised to find the North marina boat parking EMPTY. They finally started showing up around 8:00. The golden scaled bugle mouth bass were hard at work adding to their respective progeny. The fishing dock was empty, so we wheeled Buckwheat down and tossed a bunch of lines in an arc and starting whistling our version of "here kitty kitty". 

The North marina's visibility was very, very bad. Maybe the carp's enthusiasm was to blame as the main lake was not so murky.

Tossed our mix of Santee and Carolina rigs - all baited with the choicest bits of LC chub. Had a few soft pick ups before Cookie finally laid the cold  steel to one. Nice Willard cat around 24". Then a number more light pickups but they just were not grabbing it hard - perhaps having to dodge the amourous golden bass had them worn plumb out.

Then buckwheat had a hard take and run - wiper on - and a big one at that. Had some fun with that one. 

Next I gave my Gopro a bath. It slid out of my hoodie pocket when I leaned over to watch the carp play "tag". That is what I get, I guess, for, watching. Daddy told me its best to mind to your own lady and not ogle the others. Fortunately, I had electrical tape and baling wire (what good farmer doesn't) in the truck. Tied my shovel to my net to give me the length I needed and procced to gopro fish. After a few futile drags with my shovel-net, and some rather uncalled for comments from my bride about my plumbers-crack, I felt a tug more satisfying than a cat on my Caronia rig - and up came my Gopro. 

Figured that was enough excitement for one day - so we hit Arbys and drove home eating some roast beef while planning our next outing (maybe we will go back and try the west side)

Youtube link below if you want to see buckwheat get his wiper and my get my gopro.

https://youtu.be/sdpk_suBnfA

I met a buddy at the North Marina about 8 yesterday morning we took his boat out, he has a black Tracker that he bought new in 2015 but doesnt get to use it much it still looks like new, anyway we headed out and started trolling took a bit but finally we started picking a few eyes up. I could only stay for 4 hrs so pulled up a little after noon and headed in. We ended up with 10 eyes and one nice wiper (which we tossed back in). Going to try to get back out tomorrow morning for a bit, will be in my old beat up Crestliner.
Hey I saw a video a while back about “crack spackle “. It was a flesh colored paste that you trawled on back there to cover the crevice. Then you could bend over all you want without embarrassment.