Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My, My...A Walleye Willard 6-8-22 (with video)
Pat,
I ran across a couple pics from the “old” days! Little brother and me buddy Willy was also there total 40 walleye in about 4 hours, 3 limits and some catch and release! 1984 I think?
Those were some strong fighting walleye and big fun for the short time the conditions existed!
I do also remember whacking walleye with red he’d jig with yellow curl tail pitching to the dike and some of our all night float tube excursions on Willard. All fin powered before we advanced to electric power lol!
Those were great times!

[Image: BCBE0-A69-7-DD0-4-CE7-87-A9-728-BEB0-CA446.jpg]

[Image: C5-D98-E0-B-62-F0-48-D7-9-BC2-A41-F78-E0-D789.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life
(06-10-2022, 11:30 PM)EyLayo Wrote: Pat, what's your runtime at approx 2 mph with your current motor setup? Wonder if someone towed you out to the 'hot' spot then dropped you off and left you to play around. Of course leaving enough lead in your battery to get back safely

Haven't ever run my battery to failure.  It's a series 27 AGM so it is a lot of battery for a float tube setup.  But even with my Enduramax...which is much more efficient on battery life...it has it's limitations.  My "typical" trip out of the south marina has me running about a half hour to my fave area...about 1 mile if I go my 2.1 mph max speed.  I then work bottom bouncing stuff and pitch lures at anywhere from  .5mph to just over 1 mph.  That is usually about 4 hours.  Then a full speed run back to the marina.  When I get home and put my battery on the charger it usually still reads about 55 to 60 percent charged...but only about 12.1 to 12.2 volts.   Rough guesstimate is that I could probably run about 2 hours at full speed.  But then I would have a long kick back to the ramp.

(06-11-2022, 02:12 AM)Mildog Wrote: Pat,
I ran across a couple pics from the “old” days! Little brother and me buddy Willy was also there total 40 walleye in about 4 hours, 3 limits and some catch and release! 1984 I think?
Those were some strong fighting walleye and big fun for the short time the conditions existed!
I do also remember whacking walleye with red he’d jig with yellow curl tail pitching to the dike and some of our all night float tube excursions on Willard. All fin powered before we advanced to electric power lol!
Those were great times!

[Image: BCBE0-A69-7-DD0-4-CE7-87-A9-728-BEB0-CA446.jpg]

[Image: C5-D98-E0-B-62-F0-48-D7-9-BC2-A41-F78-E0-D789.jpg]
Great pics of former times.  But we sure looked younger then.  Wonder why the guys looking back at us out of our mirror look so old.  But, as Kermit the Frog says "See how fun times when you're having flies."
Charles Manson says "Fun flies when you're doing time" but that's a whole different scene.

Pat, if the expense weren't an issue, a lithium battery would be about fortyleven times better for you "floatators". More capacity at less than a third the weight.
(06-11-2022, 12:11 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Charles Manson says "Fun flies when you're doing time" but that's a whole different scene.

Pat, if the expense weren't an issue, a lithium battery would be about fortyleven times better for you "floatators". More capacity at less than a third the weight.

Right ye be.  And I recommend lithium batteries to anyone who asks for my input...but only if they are younger and independently wealthy.  I am neither. 

I did buy a super amp/hour lithium a few nights ago.  And it was wonderful.  Much lighter to carry to and from the tube and did not take up nearly as much space.  And it ran forever at full power.  And then I woke up.