Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday @ Willard
Got the boat in and was fishing by 7:30. Launched from the north and motored on down south where all the boats were. I counted 11 boats packed tightly in the SW corner. Stayed away until they started to leave - and that should've been the subtle hint. No walleye hits on a trolled Flicker Shad, but did land a big catfish. Didn't measure him, but he hefted a good five pounds or more (using my calibrated bass thumb). He gulped that Flicker Shad so deep I had to break off one hook of the rear treble to get him free. 

It was near calm all morning with water temps rising from 68 to almost 75 by 11:00. Back at the ramp, a power squad boat sat with the trailer in the water for over 15 minutes while I watched, and he was already there when I pulled into the marina. No idea what they were doing so long. I finally docked, got my vehicle, backed in next to them, put the boat on my trailer and was pulling out when they FINALLY launched. They ought to charge for ramp time by the minute, I swear. 

Had a nice chat with another Tracker Classic owner at the cleaning station.
That was quite the group of boats fishing that small area.  We caught 2 eyes just a little to the north of that group, swung to the east of the group and back out to the north 2 times. We didn't see anyone catch a fish so we left.  Weird for sure.  Sounds like a nice cat.
Launch ramp toll collecter- Sounds like a job I could do
Earlier this week at the south marina, this truck and trailer was in the water with no one around when I pulled in. It was still there after I prepped my boat and left the marina. Some people think they are alone in this world.

[Image: 20220607-085942-1.jpg]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
(06-10-2022, 11:55 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Earlier this week at the south marina, this truck and trailer was in the water with no one around when I pulled in. It was still there after I prepped my boat and left the marina. Some people think they are alone in this world.

Somebody did that at the Berry last year, left it there all morning
Somebody should have parked their vehicle inches ahead of that dipwad's on the ramp. Or put one of those police wheel locks on it.
(06-10-2022, 07:53 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Got the boat in and was fishing by 7:30. Launched from the north and motored on down south where all the boats were. I counted 11 boats packed tightly in the SW corner. Stayed away until they started to leave - and that should've been the subtle hint. No walleye hits on a trolled Flicker Shad, but did land a big catfish. Didn't measure him, but he hefted a good five pounds or more (using my calibrated bass thumb). He gulped that Flicker Shad so deep I had to break off one hook of the rear treble to get him free. 

It was near calm all morning with water temps rising from 68 to almost 75 by 11:00. Back at the ramp, a power squad boat sat with the trailer in the water for over 15 minutes while I watched, and he was already there when I pulled into the marina. No idea what they were doing so long. I finally docked, got my vehicle, backed in next to them, put the boat on my trailer and was pulling out when they FINALLY launched. They ought to charge for ramp time by the minute, I swear. 

Had a nice chat with another Tracker Classic owner at the cleaning station.

How dare you molest one of my "whiskery walleyes"?  Sorry you weren't able to rack up a better score, but now I don't feel so bad about my most recent trip...only catching one walleye and a passle of cats.  Sounds like a few other boaters had a decline in their success rates too.  Hope it is not a permanent downturn and that we get some stable weather to restore the fishes' equilibrium...and fishermen's too.
I'm going to molest him all the way to my grill today.

BTW, I meant to add that so far at least, no imbecile has jammed up the north cleaning station.
(06-11-2022, 01:51 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I'm going to molest him all the way to my grill today.

A worthy end to a noble beast.
(06-10-2022, 11:55 PM)BURLEY Wrote: Earlier this week at the south marina, this truck and trailer was in the water with no one around when I pulled in. It was still there after I prepped my boat and left the marina. Some people think they are alone in this world.

Married guy- fishng and launching by himself. Excited about finally getting getting a break for himself and freeing his head. . Launches boat and keeps on motoring- Easily done.

If his spindle seals are not perfect his penance will be a burnt up bearing due to water intrusion.
(06-11-2022, 01:51 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I'm going to molest him all the way to my grill today.

BTW, I meant to add that so far at least, no imbecile has jammed up the north cleaning station.
Yeah, but some cranky old fellow cleaned his one catfish last Wednesday and left his side of the station covered in fish blood and walked away yaking at his buddy about not helping to clean the fish.  I washed it down when I finished cleaning my 2 fish.  Some peoples kids are worthless.    Angry
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I left my side bloody on Friday - but only because there was a guy on the other side cleaning his fish, and I told him I didn't want to spray him. He said he'd take care of it, and we thanked each other.

Remember, ALWAYS start the auger BEFORE you put fish parts down the chute.