Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First trip to UL .....
.....  and most likely last trip this year unless water level comes up a few feet. 

Got a late start out of Clearfield Thursday, didn't get to Lincoln Beach until after 9 a.m.  Got launched about 9:20. 

[Image: 06-9-Jun-2022-skunked.jpg]

Water levels in LB harbor are just a hair under my usual minimums. 1.6 to 2.2 fow but with motor trimmed way up, going slow, and one eye glued to sonar, I made it down the channel.  Once past the buoys depth angled down to 4.0-7.0 fow depending how far out I got. 
Had very little breeze, so I got out over where I was marking a large concentration of fishy looking things.  Set out baited lines, and did a very slow drift . 

[Image: 07.jpg]

That was pretty much my activity all morning. Had several pop and drops, a couple hard hit and runs, but everything either dropped the bait or stripped it off.   By about 12:30 the light breeze had stopped dead, and the bugs, which had been pretty relentless all morning, got even worse.  

By 2:00 p.m. I surrendered and headed back to the dock. 

Air temp on arrival was 76, on departure 93.  Water temp was 72 at 9:30 and 78 at 1:00p.m. Only saw 2 other trailers in lot. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(06-11-2022, 06:11 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: .....  and most likely last trip this year unless water level comes up a few feet. 

If you stick to that requirement, you made your last trip to Utah Lake this year.
I also fished UL this morning at the state park along the dike for cats.  I caught 5 nice channel cats.  Smallest one was 4 lbs and the biggest was 10lbs.  All caught on white bass meat.