Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats 6/20/22
Had my cousins husband come visit from California for a couple days so yesterday I took him cattin on utah lake. Launched about 5pm... blew a tire on the boat trailer on the way but nothin we couldn't get handled. Ended up with 10 cats kept 8 for a fish fry for tonight, all but 2 caught on perch, perch did better then whitebass today. Slip float rigs and just sinker rig on the bottom, all were caught in under 2fow, tried deeper and drifting had 0 luck. Still full of eggs not spawned out yet.  Could see some fins from cats up shallower then I wanted to run the boat into. Had 2 @27.5  all the rest are 27-25" didn't enter any for the contest still looking for the bigger ones to come out after the spawn. 
[Image: 20220620-182536.jpg]

[Image: 20220620-203423.jpg]

[Image: 20220620-211655.jpg]
Nice batch of fish, congrats... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(06-22-2022, 06:39 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice batch of fish, congrats... J

Hopefully when the spawn is over some bigger fish get active,  seems like we don't see the 30"+ fish until after. Don't known why but just seems they hide in there deep holes and let the teenagers have there fun.
I'm seeing lots of nice fish from UL this year in the contest, they seem to be showing earlier this year than most years, but maybe the really big fish are just getting started... Good luck.. J
Ya were getting a bunch 27-27.5" but I haven't got that 32"er yet
I'm still looking for my 27's up here this year... Might help if I went fishing... Later J
Fritz,

Thanks for the post. We made it out this past Friday, my brother and his son, just outside Provo Harbor to the North. Stayed out of the shallows and drifted with the wind in 5.5 feet. White bass was the bait of choice and we boated 8 really nice channel cats. All over 22. Most in the 24 inch range and a couple at 27-28. Good fighter and the nephew had a great day. Started around 8 and the best bite seemed to be between 9 and 11am.

Matthew