Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay theft
Stolen today at Willard:
One Rapala Crawdad rattler wrapped around a mini mag planer attached to a 1” Kastmaster tucked inside mouth of one vicious Wiper.
Reward for return.
(06-22-2022, 11:44 PM)MrShane Wrote: Stolen today at Willard:
One Rapala Crawdad rattler wrapped around a mini mag planer attached to a 1” Kastmaster tucked inside mouth of one vicious Wiper.
Reward for return.

LOL, but how was the catching?
Reward for return.

That is a good report. Lol
(06-22-2022, 11:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Reward for return.

Definitely rougher for me today Curt.
One good Cat, a Smallie, and two missed hits was all.
And the Wiper that got away.
(06-23-2022, 12:28 AM)MrShane Wrote:
Reward for return.

Too bad you lost that big one, do you think the line was nicked and that was why it broke? More than once I've caught a cat and it nicked my line and it broke off on the next fish. Did you at least get your planer board back?
(06-23-2022, 01:07 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Reward for return.
Too bad you lost that big one, do you think the line was nicked and that was why it broke? More than once I've caught a cat and it nicked my line and it broke off on the next fish. Did you at least get your planer board back?
Cat was caught on an entirely different pole.
I only had 40’ of line behind planer and while trying to untangle lure from board fish made a powerful run and broke lines since both poles were on edge of boat and had no ‘give’.
I watched board with Rapala fly out of reach and dive into the depths.
I figured in only 10 fow I would see board and try to snag it.
Trolled/watched area with binoculars for two hours to no avail.
Oh well, hopefully somebody snags it and adds it to their tackle.
(06-23-2022, 05:05 AM)MrShane Wrote:
Reward for return.
I only had 40’ of line behind planer and while trying to untangle lure from board fish made a powerful run and broke lines since both poles were on edge of boat and had no ‘give’.
Wow, that is too bad, I've had that happen to me but I was lucky and the board came back up and I was able to retreave it and the wiper. You would think with 40 foot of line out and only in 10 fow, the board would have come back up, especially after two hours, maybe it high tailed it out of there and went to another area, taking the board with it. Bummer, did it look like this:

[Image: F10181-Starboard-01.jpg]
No questions asked, or are you gonna make a federal case out of it?
(06-23-2022, 01:12 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 12:28 AM)MrShane Wrote: Definitely rougher for me today Curt.
Wow, that is too bad, I've had that happen to me but I was lucky and the board came back up and I was able to retreave it and the wiper. You would think with 40 foot of line out and only in 10 fow, the board would have come back up, especially after two hours, maybe it high tailed it out of there and went to another area, taking the board with it. Bummer, did it look like this:

Curt, you found it!!!
Yes, those are exactly the ones, you even have the correct side.
How did you know I fish the Starboard side. Haha

(06-23-2022, 02:50 PM)perchinski Wrote: No questions asked, or are you gonna make a federal case out of it?

Hi Mike!
If I catch the perpetrator he is going to get the death penalty for sure (fillet board).
Those are the same type I use, love them because of their lite weight. On a bigger fish, with not a lot of line out behind the board, I can lift it off the water and not have to fight the board on the reel in. We have had great success with the Church brand of side planers. Looks like the price has gone up since I last boaught mine for $13.
(06-23-2022, 02:50 PM)perchinski Wrote: No questions asked, or are you gonna make a federal case out of it?
Hi Mike, we used to be neighbors.  Haven't seen you post much.
(06-23-2022, 03:45 PM)MrShane Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 12:28 AM)MrShane Wrote: Definitely rougher for me today Curt.

Curt, you found it!!!

Hi Mike!
If I catch the perpetrator he is going to get the death penalty for sure (fillet board).

Shane, I'm guessing those minis don't have as much flotation as the originals.  Weird that it never came up.
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Some shore fisherman will pick up that 8 lb wiper and wonder what the hell is attached to it.
(06-23-2022, 07:54 PM)Paddler Wrote:
Hi Mike, we used to be neighbors.  Haven't seen you post much.
(06-23-2022, 03:45 PM)MrShane Wrote:
(06-23-2022, 01:07 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Too bad you lost that big one, do you think the line was nicked and that was why it broke? More than once I've caught a cat and it nicked my line and it broke off on the next fish. Did you at least get your planer board back?

Curt, you found it!!!

Hi Mike!

Shane, I'm guessing those minis don't have as much flotation as the originals.  Weird that it never came up.

Jon,
You are correct, not near the flotation as the big boards.
Mine also had the sinking Rapala wrapped against the side of the board and that was probably just enough weight to send it to the inky depths of Willard.
Someone bb’ing in the next few days is bound to pick it up.