Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC at Willard....22 June
Got launched at south marina about 7:40 a.m.  Beautiful day. 

[Image: 017-22-Jun-2022.jpg] 

Got out to my favorite Cat zone off the feedlot. Seems the most fish marks were in a narrow band of water at 10-11 feet deep. 

Very little breeze at first so my drift rate was slow, less than .30 mph and bugs were a bit aggravating.  Took about 1.5 hours before first bite. Then I almost didn't notice it. Cat did a stealth swallow of bait and hook, but didn't make his normal run and roll. Finally noticed the line moving parallel to the boat, tightened up drag, lifted rod tip, and the fight started. 
I had intended to catch and release, but this Cat made the decision for me to keep a few. Was pretty badly gill hooked and bleeding, so turned on the live well pump and in he went.

[Image: 018.jpg]

Breeze came up about 9:30 a.m. just enough to keep most of the bugs down, and make my drift up to .45-.50 mph.  Almost immediately the Cats started hitting regular about every 15-20 minutes. When my live well had 4 good size Cats filling it up, I decided to release any others caught.  I fished til I ran out of bait, caught a total of 7 Cats released 2. Had to keep an additional one that had gotten deep gill hooked. 

Came off the water at 1:30 p.m. Got working on cleaning fish.   All in all a nice day.  

[Image: 025.jpg]

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I thought that was you yesterday Forest, you were heading out just as we were backing down the ramp. Looks like you had a good day as well yesterday. Were any of your cats over 22"?
Nice Forest. Looks like great day.
(06-23-2022, 07:06 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I thought that was you yesterday Forest, you were heading out just as we were backing down the ramp. Looks like you had a good day as well yesterday. Were any of your cats over 22"?

I think a couple may all have been, but I didn't measure any.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool