Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And the mountains called
And the siren song of the mountains called, and we must answer...

Cooke, Buckwheat, George, and the cowboy-pirate made a pilgrimage to the high country. Pulled the RV and parked it in the Mill City Creek drainage. Stayed close to a week. Bugs were not to bad, but worse than a couple weeks ago. Mostly skiters not to many deer flies yet. Not to bad on crowds - surprised about that. Had the first part of the week mostly to ourselves, but the weekend traffic started showing up Friday, we bailed soon after.

Whitney is still going over the over-flow. 

Father in-law saw a bear down closer to the state line

We saw a lot of moose - really excited about the numbers we spotted, including one very, very nice bull.

Wild flowers seem to be a bit slower this year - another couple weeks and it will be crazy with paintbrush and all other sorts of color.  We will go up again then to get some good photos and do some gold planning.

Fished a number of creeks (video footage is of the Hayden fork of the Bear) Brookies and bows were happy to entertain us. Elk hair caddis, royal wuff, renegade, ant, bead nymph, all got action. Video footage shows my youngest playing with my little pack fly/spin combo. He also flipped a Silver Meps with pretty constant action on an ultralight.

Fished Whitney a couple times. Tigers and Bows on silver and gold bling pretty steady - Cookies standard Jakes and Super Dupers, mostly with silver/red dots taking the trophy for most action. Some better size than a couple weeks ago.

Visited a few of the roadside lakes and a few other creeks trying to find places to get Buckwheats wheelchair. Wont bore you with the details as it would be a repeat of above - steady action. Just a great time to take a road trip or get the kids on a bite. 

The video was made with my phone as I left the gopro on the home table. So footage is not as clear or stable but still okay.

https://youtu.be/bDr5ILRb_W4

[Image: 20220624-152525.jpg]

[Image: 20220624-114839.jpg]

[Image: 20220621-165233.jpg]

[Image: 20220622-093652.jpg]
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Impressive video shot with your phone. You certainly know how to eat.
(06-25-2022, 11:30 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: And the siren song of the mountains called, and we must answer...

Cooke, Buckwheat, George, and the cowboy-pirate made a pilgrimage to the high country. Pulled the RV and parked it in the Mill City Creek drainage. Stayed close to a week. Bugs were not to bad, but worse than a couple weeks ago. Mostly skiters not to many deer flies yet. Not to bad on crowds - surprised about that. Had the first part of the week mostly to ourselves, but the weekend traffic started showing up Friday, we bailed soon after.

We saw a lot of moose - really excited about the numbers we spotted, including one very, very nice bull.

Wild flowers seem to be a bit slower this year - another couple weeks and it will be crazy with paintbrush and all other sorts of color.  We will go up again then to get some good photos and do some gold planning.

Fished a number of creeks (video footage is of the Hayden fork of the Bear) Brookies and bows were happy to entertain us. Elk hair caddis, royal wuff, renegade, ant, bead nymph, all got action. Video footage shows my youngest playing with my little pack fly/spin combo. He also flipped a Silver Meps with pretty constant action on an ultralight.

Fished Whitney a couple times. Tigers and Bows on silver and gold bling pretty steady - Cookies standard Jakes and Super Dupers, mostly with silver/red dots taking the trophy for most action. Some better size than a couple weeks ago.

Visited a few of the roadside lakes and a few other creeks trying to find places to get Buckwheats wheelchair. Wont bore you with the details as it would be a repeat of above - steady action. Just a great time to take a road trip or get the kids on a bite. 

The video was made with my phone as I left the gopro on the home table. So footage is not as clear or stable but still okay.

Hey Cowboy,
Please see my comment on your Uinta post.
(06-26-2022, 02:14 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Impressive video shot with your phone.  You certainly know how to eat.

Them k-bobs were fine eats.

But the Dutch oven cuisine- Oh my.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-26-2022, 07:06 PM)MrShane Wrote:
(06-25-2022, 11:30 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: And the siren song of the mountains called, and we must answer...

Hey Cowboy,
Please see my comment on your Uinta post.

I will send you a PM
Nice, looks like a great trip.