Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard North Marina 6\27
Hit the gate shortly after 6 AM and my kayak cleared the Marina by 6:30. Slow trolled with a couple fligs. One tiipped with a crawler and the other with marinated chicken.  Pretty slow until 7:30 when I boated my first kittie. Until I ran out of baits at 9:30, fishing remained consistently good.  Caught fish in 3 ft to 10 ft of water. 6 or 7 seemed like the sweet spot.  Two biggest pushed 24 inches and both were found in 3 or 4 FOW.  Pretty good morning and was home before it got too warm.

Larry
Sounds like a good trip. What kind of kayak do you have? I've been thinking a kayak may be easier than my canoe.

jack of all tackle, master of none
joatmon, Larry has the Hobie Pro Angler 14 I sold him. Those are outstanding boats, designed specifically for fishing, and they are fish catching machines. You can pedal them all day with less effort than riding a bike at a perfect trolling speed. And stable enough to fish standing up if you choose.
(06-29-2022, 05:13 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: joatmon, Larry has the Hobie Pro Angler 14 I sold him. Those are outstanding boats, designed specifically for fishing, and they are fish catching machines. You can pedal them all day with less effort than riding a bike at a perfect trolling speed. And stable enough to fish standing up if you choose.

A tale of two yakkers.

[Image: ROCKY-S-RIDE.jpg]  [Image: FAT-YAKKER-2.jpg]
(06-29-2022, 05:23 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 05:13 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: joatmon, Larry has the Hobie Pro Angler 14 I sold him. Those are outstanding boats, designed specifically for fishing, and they are fish catching machines. You can pedal them all day with less effort than riding a bike at a perfect trolling speed. And stable enough to fish standing up if you choose.

A tale of two yakkers.

[Image: ROCKY-S-RIDE.jpg]  [Image: FAT-YAKKER-2.jpg]

Thanks Rocky. The boat is a bucket full of fun.  Just might be one of the best buys ever.