Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antlerless hunts
Credit card was hit today for 3 out of 4 late season cow elk tags we applied for.
3 cows, that ought to get the frezzers full and keep you busy skinning
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
No draws for me. Received my unsuccessful email yesterday.
(06-29-2022, 12:46 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: 3 cows, that ought to get the frezzers full and keep you busy skinning

If we are lucky enough to fill the tags the meat will go to different family households. We lost a whole elk last year in our  house fire. I use to guide for DL&L back in the early 90s when I was unemployed so I have cleaned plenty of cow elk on the mountain in many different kinds of weather with temps well below zero. I will be taking our oldest son, our youngest daughter and our 14 year old niece (her 1st hunt) since her dad passed away in 2018, so I'm really hoping we can get into some elk.
Congrats on your cow tags Pete. I just did a point this year, busy schedule this year and cost of fuel.
(07-04-2022, 01:48 PM)RILEYFISH Wrote: Congrats on your cow tags Pete. I just did a point this year, busy schedule this year and cost of fuel.

Thanks, busy time with us as well, we have alot going on, still havent been able to get back in our home since it burned last Sept.