Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tue 6-28 Soldier Creek
Fished SC side yesterday with my brother.  We've never fished kokes there before and am really kind of a FNG at kokes in general.  I thought we did pretty okay given that.  Fished near the SC marina, across to the cliffs over to the dam, and up into the narrows some.  Caught fish in all areas.  Fish seemed very spread out.  We fished 50-50 method catching most fish with 4-5 oz. weight out.  Pink was the hot color dodger/squid.  Weather was glass calm to white caps.  But we stuck it out.  We had the lake to ourselves!  We ended the day with 6 kokanee.  Most were smaller but one was 20" and 3 lbs.  Hit and fought like a freight train!  Probably lost a couple kokes. Too many small trout caught... 3 dozen plus?
Sounds like a pretty good day, especially for your first run at that water for Kokes. When you say " small trout" how small are you talking?
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(06-29-2022, 10:57 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Sounds like a pretty good day, especially for your first run at that water for Kokes. When you say " small trout" how small are you talking?
10-13" shaker trouskis.  Recent planter sized... much smaller than a typical Deer Creek trout and unlike some of the bruisers in the Berry.  Even the few cutts were smaller than the typical slot fish. I think those itty bitties are eating the same fodder as the kokanee.