Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake state park 6/30/22
It was a miracle we got out. 1. Because my kids weren't busy with work, sports, or girls. 2. Weather was good 3. Everything was going wrong or delaying us getting out. I wanted to be on the water by 7:30 so that meant leaving house by 7... We left house the third time by 8:20. I remembered I was low on fuel and I'm not paddling on the lake again due to running out of fuel, last time we were a good mile out....so that meant running home for oil. Anyway we got out on the water and headed for bird island. The waves were a little rough knocking us around as we anchored up but nothing terrible. We fished with out a bite for an hour and then headed back to the rock dike area on the west side where the grass and rock meet near the inlet of provo river by the state park. We got a little more action on my rods I got about 6 bites but no talkers we decided to head in as it was noon and hot so I started to reel in my life and bamm a fish. It was solid black and looked to be decent sized. We measured it and then I wanted a weight it went for 10 lbs even at just shy of 28". I'll take it for my first fish this year.
Sounds like a good one Justin. Great job!