Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 3/5/2004 report
Went to Rockport this morning . Arrived at 4:30am fished till 11:30am . Had to punch about 12 holes to find the perch but got my limit in about a hour . Trout were cruising 10' to 24' below the ice . Caught about 15 Bows . Seen something cruising about 40' down but never hooked any in that range . And I did try . Perch I found in 52' to 68' deep and on bottom . Biggest perch was 9" but I got about 10 of them in that size . Ice was about 18" thick with no slush and about 4" of snow on ice . Soft on the edges but only about 2' from shore . Rat finkees , Genz worm and jigging rapala is what I used today .
[signature]
Did you fish the east or west side of the lake? Thanks.

m
[signature]
How big were the trout? Did you catch them on the Rapala? I tried a jigging Rapala a couple of weeks ago and got lots of good hits but couldn't seem to hook them well.

FM
[signature]
I got there a little early for the state park side so I fished the west side ( Kent Point ) without the fee . I got 6 Bows that were 14+ but all the rest were 8"ers . Yes , the jigging rapala was harded to get hook ups on , but I was hoping to get bigger fish with it . Fishing deep water so I wanted to get to the bottom fast and the rapala got me there faster .
[signature]
Good report, thanks for the info.
[signature]